Question Time Commentary

Have to say, I’m warming to the moneybags entrepreneur. He’s throwing in a couple of low ballers that attracted a few tumbleweeds.
BBC Question Time - 14 05 20

Luke Johnston was excellent on QT - he was rational and forthright in explaining risk, figurers, lockdown personal & economic damage, and other four on panel all state employees.

Didn't go down well, rest scowl & ignore 'cold hard facts' with some bleating about "every death a tragedy; you want to kill people; can't guarantee safe; wait for vaccine, blah"

Audience: "I don't understand new message"
Labour & SNP: "Can't end shutdown as people are dying; Gov't must give precise advise/orders to everyone; go back to work if safe not clear enough"

- Luke Johnson "lockdown will kill more than the virus" and causes outrage for calling pandemic propaganda - ignored, FiFi moves on

- Luke Johnson "lockdown was wrong" - ignored, FiFi moves on

- Luke Johnson "Shutdown worse than virus, public sector don't care" - ignored, FiFi moves on

PFGEN

GCM
Sweden's deaths/million is not "a disaster" it's well within normal range. Reporting is biased as MSM, Ferguson etc Want Sweden to fail to justify lockdowns other countries imposed

Population density doesn't differ much from UK: vast majority live in cities with vast areas virtually uninhabited - like scottish highlands

"Normal"? That's an interesting way to put it. Washington Post (12 May) stated that the death rate relative to population size in Sweden is higher than that of the US. WPost article I picked the article at random after typing Sweden and Corona into Google as search terms. Currently the number infections in Sweden is higher than Norway and Finland combined.

That said there's an equivalent number of articles which support the herd immunity argument as well as those citing that herd immunity does not work with the corona virus.

Personally I like the idea of herd immunity, catch the virus, if you're reasonably fit and knock it off you're done. On the other hand do I want to take the risk. I've now lost 13 acquaintances since this all started with more than half with no medical issues and rudely fit. Maybe that is why I'm nervous about the herd immunity bit as being fit, or young (20s to 40s), is not a guarantee that you will survive.

Last edited:

NSP

LE

That still doesn't top the RSA headshed who said it was alright to dip your wick without bagging up as long as you washed it with soap and water within half an hour of doing the deed and spilling your seed, because if you did you would be safe from HIV.

No mention of how his expert knowledge would protect women from it.

I had to learn of this stupendous insight from an RSA citizen as it had - not surprisingly - gone unreported in our media.

Edited to add: it was Zuma who said it:-

And Mbeke wasn't helping much, either:-

Last edited:

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Sweden's deaths/million is not "a disaster" it's well within normal range. Reporting is biased as MSM, Ferguson etc Want Sweden to fail to justify lockdowns other countries imposed

Population density doesn't differ much from UK: vast majority live in cities with vast areas virtually uninhabited - like scottish highlands

Sweden has done fine out of this, no hysteria a viable economy and a death rate about how it should be.

they will also reach herd immunity quicker and reduce the number of deaths in the next season.

here and in the EU/US they are afraid to admit that a set number were going to die regardless of what they did or when they did it. self isolation is next to useless when you don't show symptoms most of the time anyway and have no way to track the progress of the infection due to a lack of understanding about viruses full stop.

the problem is the press and their need for the daily scare story.

Right. Now for some light hearted shite..... compared with that fookin’ doc I’ve just been watching. The boy who’s skin fell off. If you think you have problems, I urge you to watch it. You haven’t. You really haven’t. Compared. Jesus. And breathe.

NSP

LE
I do hope Helle tells Fifi that, as she's a Skandi, it's pronounced "Torning" not "Thorn-ing."

[Smirk]

Mumsnet, hideous and annoying. Class combo.

Dull question for a start. Educating them about social distancing is something . Things are what they are. You can't keep schools closed forever.

Slime

LE
We are witnessing Camilla’s lockdown barnet :)

NSP

LE
Of course you can talk a little bit more about the Danish political system, Helle - you are politically aligned with Fifi and the Beeb. Why else do you think you're on the show, despite lockdown...?

By the by, she looks a fair bit like Her Highness, but not quite as hot.

Edited to add: Was Helle interrupted? I didn't notice any...

NSP

LE
I can’t see the shit hitting the fan legally, if parents kept their rug rats off school post June 1st.
You can't get it into ankle-biters. My nephew is primary age and my sister moans that he won't get with the programme when she takes him out for some air, daylight and a run-about.

I had some 5-6yr old run across a POS towards me when I was taking a walk earlier today, oblivious to his parents hollered imprecations to "come back!" and "keep away from other people!"

They should be sending the big kids back first and primary/pre-school later, not the seemingly planned other way around. My mates missus is a primary teacher and she's pulling her hair out over it - and she's a rare thing in education; a Tory voter!

NSP

LE
If it was up to me, Kinnock, Jr. would very soon be a cuckold!

Slime

LE
Tory minister - Three seconds to Fiona Bruce’s first, albeit brief interruption.
Is this a record?
Not even close :)
Ive seen her do it after the first syllable of the very first word.

Latest Threads