Question Time Commentary

Slime

LE
another hour I’ll never get back.

Having this virus is more entertaining than QT.

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
Queen's University Belfast Aerospace faculty are making visors that are designed to be easily taken apart and cleaned.
So a bit like the Titanic ?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
image.jpeg

Would I be wrong to take my some of my old kit into work tomorrow?

Why use elastic? My welding mask is plastic throughout, with a tightening screw for adjusting.
Hey, I don't make the things; I just use what we've got.

There are other brands around which are more robust, but the disposable ones are what we mostly have, probably because they're the cheapest.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
another hour I’ll never get back.

Having this virus is more entertaining than QT.
While not as entertaining this was probably a lot more informative than many previous QTs. Nice the see FB keeping her gob shut for much of the prog!

I like it when there is no braying audience for Fiona to play up to.

While not as entertaining this was probably a lot more informative than many previous QTs. Nice the see FB keeping her gob shut for much of the prog!

Yeah. Without the audience, there's actually discussion happening. Could do with more of that.

NSP

LE
Can I just say something that might be contentious, but might resonate with the rest if you.

I can’t say how I know this, but I’m aware of some NHS clerical staff or back room staff getting first dibs on PPE while those at the coal face in the same place are lacking.

This reminded me of those shiny arse types on exercise or ops who always got the supplies, or even silly little things like exercise newspapers while the teeth troops went without.
Same in my line - client offers to pay for a team-designed tour t-shirt for everyone on the project. They're ordered and delivered to the office to be sent to the ship. Never arrive at the ship but if you go into the office there's loads of people who've never been to sea let alone anywhere near the [Insert pipeline inspection campaign here] project swanning around in our bloody t-shirts!

Wise OVMs give the vessel name and the shipping agent as the c/o delivery address these days.

Last edited:
Guido's been at it again... Dug up a tweet from Horton (who spent half the QT last night lambasting the Govt response), where he's recommending caution.

Not exactly surprising, he came on the show like a man on a mission, who wasn't about to allow trivial things like facts get in the way of a good rant.
"Limousine leftist" - what an appropriate description.

Dek Finlay

Old-Salt

Question Time is a load of state telly pish. It’s audience is usually filled with an invited (by them) audience that usually bear no resemblance to the town or city they’re in. I haven’t watched it since it was last in Dundee. Not a single Dundee accent in the audience. Absolute cnuts. You there, yes you in the blue checkered shirt, tell us again how much you love the Tory party in a city that fucnkig detests Tories.

Latest Threads