Question Time Commentary

Slime

LE
Can I just say something that might be contentious, but might resonate with the rest if you.

I can’t say how I know this, but I’m aware of some NHS clerical staff or back room staff getting first dibs on PPE while those at the coal face in the same place are lacking.

This reminded me of those shiny arse types on exercise or ops who always got the supplies, or even silly little things like exercise newspapers while the teeth troops went without.

So far gloves haven't been a problem, at least in the trust I work for.

It's visors that are like rocking horse shit.

We’re having to clean and re-use what should be once-only visors, because we haven’t got enough.
Why once only? They're far sturdier than gloves, and should be able to be dropped into a sanitizer bath for a few minutes for sterilisation.

Can I just say something that might be contentious, but might resonate with the rest if you.

I can’t say how I know this, but I’m aware of some NHS clerical staff or back room staff getting first dibs on PPE while those at the coal face in the same place are lacking.

This reminded me of those shiny arse types on exercise or ops who always got the supplies, or even silly little things like exercise newspapers while the teeth troops went without.
I haven't met it yet, but I'll keep my eyes open.

Slime

LE
I haven't met it yet, but I'll keep my eyes open.
I only know of one place, but to use jargon it really gripped my shit to hear someone say they need it first as they work with infected patients.............

But actually meant they work in the same hospital that currently has virus patients.........and they will never see them let alone treat them.

Why once only? They're far sturdier than gloves, and should be able to be dropped into a sanitizer bath for a few minutes for sterilisation.
Which is what is being done, however they are manufactured as once-only use and aren't very robust.

Clearly, you don't want to be managing a patient when the elastic holding the thing on snaps.

It’s a calculated risk that you’ll notice any deterioration in the component parts before they fail.

Question: Can you tell me when I can visit my elderly mum who is self isolating ?
Answer: No

I bet Hancock will waffle.

Come on bish ! they haven't got the firkin test sorted yet.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
So far gloves haven't been a problem, at least in the trust I work for.

It's visors that are like rocking horse shit.

We’re having to clean and re-use what should be once-only visors, because we haven’t got enough.
Get all the tin toppees from N Ireland with the visors :)

I'm watching a repeat of "Lewis"
It's less predictable and more believable.

Which is what is being done, however they are manufactured as once-only use and aren't very robust.

Clearly, you don't want to be managing a patient when the elastic holding the thing on snaps.

It’s a calculated risk that you’ll notice any deterioration in the component parts before they fail.
Queen's University Belfast Aerospace faculty are making visors that are designed to be easily taken apart and cleaned.

Sick child? Of course you can go to hospital with him.

We need to get the same tests that Russia is using.

The infection and death rate would both go down to levels of ‘nothing to see here’ :)
Unless you live in Salisbury

Why use elastic? My welding mask is plastic throughout, with a tightening screw for adjusting.

Latest Threads