Question Time Commentary

The professor has largely supported the government which has probably spiked Fiona’s bias cannon to a certain extent- although she’s still interrupting and trying to trip up Matt Hancock.
Andy Burnhan started out by saying that he wasn’t going to be point-scoring but has spent the programme doing little else.

Despite the obvious damage to the Arrse sport of totty-spotting, I do think that QT is better without a live audience- the panel seem less inclined to play to the peanut gallery for a cheap round of applause with populist but trite answers.

NSP

LE
She said that they were in WSM. Why bother? They could have done that from a studio in The Smoke, where most of the panel would have been, and so lowered the carbon footprint on travel and OB facilities, as well as lowering the exposure risk to COVID. We've only their word for it that the Skyped-in questions were coming from WSMers in WSM. And even then the panel didn't need to be in WSM.

Oops

Old-Salt
I'm still behind the curve, cos of iPlayer and a dodgy interweb, but if you wanna know where Prof Solomon does his stuff...
BBC 2 ... Hospital.
Miseryside has alot going for it , I spend far too much time in this wonderful place.
Thank ****.

Ok..,. Ok.
I will take a stand and say, without equivocating ... she has glorious fetlocks !
Jeremy Clarkson once commented very favourably on the rear view, - having been at the filming of an episode of 'Antiques Roadshow' I can confirm he was quite correct.

The professor has largely supported the government which has probably spiked Fiona’s bias cannon to a certain extent- although she’s still interrupting and trying to trip up Matt Hancock.
Andy Burnhan started out by saying that he wasn’t going to be point-scoring but has spent the programme doing little else.

Despite the obvious damage to the Arrse sport of totty-spotting, I do think that QT is better without a live audience- the panel seem less inclined to play to the peanut gallery for a cheap round of applause with populist but trite answers.
Burnham showed himself up to be a total twat. Not point scoring my fecking aarse. another fifth columnist

Slime

LE
What did he say? Don't forget you're watching this so we don't have to.
Burnham was commenting on how kids are not going to be taking their exams, and mentioned his kids drinking champagne, as he was saying this he was smiling, then Hancock grew a grin and said ‘they drink champagne in the Burnham house. As soon as he said this Burnham got the inference, stopped smiling and lost his train of thought for a moment.

A change of presenter would improve it massively.
I'm not sure. If she could pull her finger out of her arse and do it properly, she'd be fine. She started great. She's just given leeway to the liberals and chosen to challenge those who are conservative (small c). She needs to give everyone a reaming. Everyone needs to explain themselves.

Oops

Old-Salt
Lining himself up for the next Labour leadership fight?
That's a 'given' ..
He was missus' MP, bailed out when he could see the swing to JC's way of thinking...
Nice safe
Northern Establishment Representative Job to pay the school fees while whichever poor sod does their Kinnock impressions, then in comes New, Old New Labour to reap the rewards of a recovering economic resurgence.
Probably around 2030ish.

He's an ambitious and CANNY tw*t is Andrew.
Leigh is now a Tory constituency after 90 odd years. His successor didn't last long.

Equity's HQ will become a shrine, and punks and skins and rastas will all gather round and hold their hands in sorrow for their fallen leader.

And all the grown-ups will say ‘But why are the kids crying?’ And the kids will say, ‘Haven’t you heard? Daniel York Loh has quit! The People’s Equity Race Equality Committee (formerly the Equity Minority Ethnic Members Committee) Chair has Quit!’

And then one particularly sensitive and articulate teenager will say ‘Other kids, do you understand nothing? How can Daniel York Loh have quit as Chair of The People’s Equity Race Equality Committee (formerly the Equity Minority Ethnic Members Committee) when we still have his chair?
Rik walt.
(P)rik Walt.
It's spelt with a silent 'P'.

Well that's a possibility. Whomever wins this one isn't going to cut it. My own preference, if I was minded to vote for Labour, would be David Milliband. But he would probably have to kill his brother first.
Can't see Milliband D returning, is in New York with fantastic lefty charity job, American wife, sprogs in US education system and being brought up as little yanks. Gone native?

Can't see Milliband D returning, is in New York with fantastic lefty charity job, American wife, sprogs in US education system and being brought up as little yanks. Gone native?
Unfortunately I have to agree. He would be daft to come back to the chaotic agenda we find ourselves facing. That said, it is a massive opportunity for someone to make their mark and establish a legacy. Millband's father was a Marxist scholar (though not necessarily a Marxist) who was highly readable and respected in academia. It would be a pity if the family name was remembered more for Ed's slab of concrete.

From Weston-super-Mare. Panellists include

Matt Hancock - Health Secy (up in my esteem in this post/crisis)​
Andy Burnham - in that post 2009-10​
Tom Solomon - gessing it's Tom Solomon (neurologist) - Wikipedia​
Frances O'Grady - Gen Sec TUC 'not political, but Tories getting it wrong'​
Angela Hartnett - the chef ?​
About to watch BBC Question Time - Weston-super-Mare - 19 03 20 on Youtube

Prediction
Frances O'Grady: It's all Tories and Trump's fault; racist; Tory cuts & Austerity; NHS can't cope; shortages Gov fault; selfish hoarders Gov fault; black market/surge-pricing Gov fault; NHS, Food Banks, Poor, Vulnerable, OAP... Tories not enough... Praise for Communist China

Burnham will be similar - lots of 'not enough' 'too late'/'sooner'

Hancock: defensive not assertive & confident

Prof: Please God not another Left ranting loon like last week that even FiFi told to shut-up

Chef: Touchy feely bleeding heart do-gooder with no concept of reality

Latest Threads