Question Time Commentary

NSP

LE
There are lots of expats all around the world who'd gladly stump up a fiver a month to watch the Beeb rather than spend that same fiver on a dodgy unreliable VPN.
I've noticed that there's more choice on my Netflix when my laptop is on a Dutch IP than a UK one. Fuck the Biased Broadcasting Corporation!

endure

GCM
I've noticed that there's more choice on my Netflix when my laptop is on a Dutch IP than a UK one. Fuck the Biased Broadcasting Corporation!

Yes dear...

That has a whiff to it - he didn't wish to press charges and they both basically claimed it was a nocturnal aberration and they wanted to move on.

The CPS should have gone, "No public interest, no charge from the alleged victim - fuck it."
As a former copper I have long considered the CPS to be a job creation scheme for second rate lawyers.

As a former copper I have long considered the CPS to be a job creation scheme for second rate lawyers.
That's not quite fair. The CPS do not set prosecution policy. The current policy on unsupported domestic violence prosecutions arises as a result of the number of victims who have withdrawn support from prosecutions and who have subsequently become victims of continued, serious and, especially, deadly assaults from the same partner.

Guess who gets the blame for that?

Oh, for fcks sake. I came into the programme after exhausting Netflix to see what Protillo could contribute, and what little I heard was deeply sensible Then they started up on someone called 'Flack' who'd apparently hanged herself, and someone else whose son or daughter had done the same because drugs started up his creaky engine, and the panel's Leader dripped tears and I turned over to Guido.

Please, Mr Neil, come back. Bring Portillo and any idiot communist you want, but spare us the dripping.

If he can sit on his arrse and claim benefits he won't clean bogs for £6.

If his benefits stop after 6 months he may reconsider his position.
Aye, and there in lies the problem. Sitting on your arse on the dole has been for too long a career choice for a large demographic of our society. There does not appear to be any personal pride amongst this group to drag themselves out of the mire they exist in. Instead they doss about breeding like rabbits, creating more strain on an already burgeoning benefits system.

I've used the benefits system a few times in my life, solely for the purpose it was set up for. To support me until I found work, I found work every time. My pride would not let me become a workshy dole dosser. I was hounded every week to find out what I had done to find work, and I had to provide evidence I was looking/attending interviews.

This pissed me off, because I knew others who were signing on had no intentions of finding work and were abusing the system, and the system was allowing this to continue. They (the system) had written these people off and just paid them. The system knew these people had no intention of finding work.

I don't think forcing (maybe the wrong word) long term benefit claimants to take lower paid job's whilst still getting some financial assistance is the wrong thing to do. The government would have to either raise or scrap the working 16hrs a week means your in full time employment thing though.

More apprentice and yts type schemes would help with the skills shortage making the country less reliant on outside help.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand breath!!! apologies for the rant.

That's not quite fair. The CPS do not set prosecution policy. The current policy on unsupported domestic violence prosecutions arises as a result of the number of victims who have withdrawn support from prosecutions and who have subsequently become victims of continued, serious and, especially, deadly assaults from the same partner.

It also became a way of police getting charges or cautions for D/V crime allegation to appease the femiinst critics of low convictions for D/V.

The positive action policy was to arrest for any allegation of assault, even common assault even if the victim did not wish to substansiate the allegation and provide a victim statement.

Suspect would be interviewed on tape in the hope he would make an admission and if no previous convictions or cautions he would be suitable for a caution and hey presto a clear up for D/V. I thought it was unethical and made a bit of a mockery of the adherence to the Human Rights Act. But I doubt if Hogan-Howe gave a s*it abut my concerns.

Of course it has always been possible to prosecute without the victims consent in genuine cases where the victim is in fear or under the malign influence of the suspect using police evidence of the 999 tapes or the victims initial allegation. But this seemed to become the SOP for all cases purely in the pursuit of DV Clear ups.

In the recent case the alledged victim became a hostile witness. I wonder if the present system may have unattended consequences where a genuine victim will be reluctant to call police.

The issue for many has nothing whatsoever to do with newspapers or msm.

The issue is in the social media reaction.
Flak also fell foul of the change in the law that allows the CPS to peruse a court case even if no one involved wants to press charges or would even go in the stand as a witness.
Its not a change in the law. Thats always been the case. It just was not used much before.

Slime

LE
Its not a change in the law. Thats always been the case. It just was not used much before.
Really?
Odd then that the police and CPS think the law changed in relation for domestic violence cases.
Hiw far back do think it was always the case?

its a shit sandwich is how it looks to me and she was well fit. A waste of a girls life. I think it’s very sad actually
She only had to go to court , plead innocent .
" Call the first witness "
Sheepish , useless CPS lawyer " Errr.. there isn't one , really ...."
" Accused free to go to " , and furthermore , sell her story to the highest bidder ( probably Hello )
If found guilty , pay the fine , take the obligatory 9 month gardening leave and resume her vacuous career in due course .
We've all fucked up at some time or other , in 99% of cases far more seriously than this . Not worth taking your life over .

Aye, and there in lies the problem. Sitting on your arse on the dole has been for too long a career choice for a large demographic of our society. There does not appear to be any personal pride amongst this group to drag themselves out of the mire they exist in. Instead they doss about breeding like rabbits, creating more strain on an already burgeoning benefits system.

I've used the benefits system a few times in my life, solely for the purpose it was set up for. To support me until I found work, I found work every time. My pride would not let me become a workshy dole dosser. I was hounded every week to find out what I had done to find work, and I had to provide evidence I was looking/attending interviews.

This pissed me off, because I knew others who were signing on had no intentions of finding work and were abusing the system, and the system was allowing this to continue. They (the system) had written these people off and just paid them. The system knew these people had no intention of finding work.

I don't think forcing (maybe the wrong word) long term benefit claimants to take lower paid job's whilst still getting some financial assistance is the wrong thing to do. The government would have to either raise or scrap the working 16hrs a week means your in full time employment thing though.

More apprentice and yts type schemes would help with the skills shortage making the country less reliant on outside help.

It's quite easy .
Park a bus outside every benefits office .
Claimants are told there is work , and to get on the bus
They do an 8 hour day , then get paid at the daily benefits rate .
They'll find work after that .

Last edited:
She only had to go to court , plead innocent .
" Call the first witness "
Sheepish , useless CPS lawyer " Errr.. there isn't one , really ...."
" Accused free to go to " , and furthermore , sell her story to the highest bidder ( probably Hello )
If found guilty , pay the fine , take the obligatory 9 month gardening leave and resume her vacuous career in due course .
We've all fucked up at some time or other , in 99% of cases far more seriously than this . Not worth taking your life over .
One might even think that by taking her own life she may have done so simply because she knows she's guilty.

Either way, she's now become some kind of social media martyr, instead of the abuser she was.

Slime

LE
One might even think that by taking her own life she may have done so simply because she knows she's guilty.

Either way, she's now become some kind of social media martyr, instead of the abuser she was.
So did you know her pretty well?
I hadn’t heard of her before this kicked off so have no idea if she was an abuser.

So did you know her pretty well?
I hadn’t heard of her before this kicked off so have no idea if she was an abuser.
I didn't know her at all, but judging by previous 'trials by media' when men are involved then she must be guilty. No double standards. She was accused of the crime, and took her life before trial, the accusation stands.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I didn't know her at all, but judging by previous 'trials by media' when men are involved then she must be guilty. No double standards. She was accused of the crime, and took her life before trial, the accusation stands.
Quite.

I get what you say but I’ve also witnessed some really lame CPS lawyers who haven’t given victims anything like the service they deserve.

Awol

LE

I don't know what I'm doing wrong then. I'm officially too ill to work, yet I'm having to look for a job because all I'm getting is a total £243 a month in benefits, with no possibility of any more.

I know that people are getting shedloads in benefits, but I'm buggered if I know how they do it.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong then. I'm officially too ill to work, yet I'm having to look for a job because all I'm getting is a total £243 a month in benefits, with no possibility of any more.

I know that people are getting shedloads in benefits, but I'm buggered if I know how they do it.
Get yourself pregnant mate

Latest Threads