Question Time Commentary

If we're building this bridge then we just need to ask the Norwegians to put in a bid. It'll be child's play for them, considering some of the bridges they're planning to build to upgrade the E39.

My pics in the self-taken thread from March/April 2018 were taken whilst surveying the footing locations for these bridges. The distances and depths they're planning to build spans over are astronomic, as are the ones they've already built - ditto tunnels and mixed bridge/tunnels.
<drift>
Driving through one of Norway’s humungous tunnels, I though I was dreaming as a junction sign flashed past, then I arrived at the roundabout... in a tunnel... under a feckin’ mountain...
730D4FD3-F935-4630-9C8D-81C689F5DC84.jpeg

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Fifi gave far too much time to that Cherry thing woman. Imagine if her and fatty Blackford were on the same programme. Our ears would be numb after about a minute.

The programme was as dire as last week's .

As for Laura - the mention of P-E-N-I-S seemed to trigger a spark. I wonder if Mr K got lucky later.
The Hong Kong police nearly ended up with Complaints Unit Island, Complaints Units Kowloon and Complaints Unit New Territiories until some Gweilo notices the problem. That said I struggle to imagine a government department that could have the acronym P-ENIS.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
<drift>
Driving through one of Norway’s humungous tunnels, I though I was dreaming as a junction sign flashed past, then I arrived at the roundabout... in a tunnel... under a feckin’ mountain...
View attachment 449751
As an afterthought: I bet they won’t want to call it Boris’ Bridge if it’s a huge success.

The Hong Kong police nearly ended up with Complaints Unit Island, Complaints Units Kowloon and Complaints Unit New Territiories until some Gweilo notices the problem. That said I struggle to imagine a government department that could have the acronym P-ENIS.
It's a bit like when the DHSS just became the SS

NSP

LE
<drift>
View attachment 449751
They have whole interchanges under ground. Multistorey car parks, two. Being driven around Tromso left me with impression that there is an underground road network paralleling the principle streets and roads of the city centre above.

If you want a tunnel building, ask Olaf not Carillion.

Oyibo

LE
As an afterthought: I bet they won’t want to call it Boris’ Bridge if it’s a huge success.
Good job the PM's surname isn't Biffen.

Hippohunter

Old-Salt
With Boris having a customs border in the middle of the Irish Sea there would have to be a customs post halfway over his bridge. Notice there was, as usual, no consultation whatsoever with either the NI Assembly or the Scottish government over this.

With Boris having a customs border in the middle of the Irish Sea there would have to be a customs post halfway over his bridge. Notice there was, as usual, no consultation whatsoever with either the NI Assembly or the Scottish government over this.
a Feasibility study to find out if a bridge , between two parts of the United Kingdom , carried out by the United Kingdom government, why would there have been any need to consult with Scotland or NI ?... pretty sure the then Labour government in Scotland didn't consult with the then UK government about the Queensferry crossing

BTW was the Scottish government not in favour of this a couple of years ago , until "they bastard Englis"h thought they'd see if it could be done
So,doing something ,...BAD as opposed to talking about something... GOOD ( as long as they English bastards aren't involved)

suppose if the SNP do decide to build a bridge, they'll put up my tax again to pay for it.... useless shower of shite that they are

( you may have noticed I have nothing but disdain for the incumbent Scottish Government, like many, many other Scots)

Last edited:
What for? Being right and cutting Ms. RaceCard contender 2020 dead? You'll notice she kept her toxic gob shut the rest of the night. Don't forget, she's since been rumbled, and I've a feeling her even being there might be a subject of debate soon.
because anyone who speaks out against PC culture is set upon by the mainstream.

Karamoja

Old-Salt
I saw him in his stage show in Salisbury a few weeks back. He is still very much an old fashioned Tory. He urged the audience to go and join the Labour Party and vote for RLB!
You should listen to his somewhat grovelling apologies for the French, Dutch, English and American imperialism in the far east countries during his current series "Great Asian Railway Journeys". He was also plainly wrong when he said the Americans sued for peace to end the Vietnam War, when in fact it was the North Vietnamese who sued for peace after being on the receiving end of the the two Linebacker bombing campaigns. That been said, I do actually enjoy his railway programs. Anyway, we will see where he nails his colours to, in the next program.

Drooling over Katya and Kuenssberg, obviously.
Have you looked at Kuenssberg without beer-goggles?

She looked OK 4 years ago, but now the bitter-pill has transformed her into a crone

Youtube

Question Time from Dundee 13/02/2020

They have whole interchanges under ground. Multistorey car parks, two. Being driven around Tromso left me with impression that there is an underground road network paralleling the principle streets and roads of the city centre above.
If you want a tunnel building, ask Olaf not Carillion.
Must be a Scandinavian thing.
In the event of war, the entire population of Helsinki (some 700,000) could go underground in 72 hours.

Fuck me! Did Fifi just admit that the audience is loaded...?!!
So the audience reflects the political parties percentage wise in Scotland. It's a pity that that doesn't apply in England.
Nope, the audience represents the SNP

FiFi "More SNP than Lab, Lib, Con, Ind" - GE SNP 42% of vote, BBC SNP audience > 50%

BBC is sh1t scared of SNP since Indy Ref and pandering to them, hence the plethora of BBC Scotland channels on radio & TV

Latest being BBC One Scotland in addition to BBC One (with regional variations)

I'm sick of BBC wheeling out Val McDermid (the Leftie award winning author nobodies heard of) every time QT is in Scotland.

A more balanced panel would be Merryn Somerset-Webb

Well said Mr. Tugendhat.

He does look as if he drew the short straw when they were choosing who was going to represent the party north of the wall.
"Walls" - Dundee is North of Antonine too ;)

a Feasibility study to find out if a bridge , between two parts of the United Kingdom , carried out by the United Kingdom government, why would there have been any need to consult with Scotland or NI ?... pretty sure the then Labour government in Scotland didn't consult with the then UK government about the Queensferry crossing

BTW was the Scottish government not in favour of this a couple of years ago , until "they bastard Englis"h thought they'd see if it could be done
So,doing something ,...BAD as opposed to talking about something... GOOD ( as long as they English bastards aren't involved)

suppose if the SNP do decide to build a bridge, they'll put up my tax again to pay for it.... useless shower of shite that they are

( you may have noticed I have nothing but disdain for the incumbent Scottish Government, like many, many other Scots)
What I find baffling is the success that the SNP have at election time. They have clearly ballsed up health, policing etc. But people still vote for them.

NSP

LE
Have you looked at Kuenssberg without beer-goggles?

She looked OK 4 years ago, but now the bitter-pill has transformed her into a crone
That's the challenge; to take her to such heights of multiple-orgasmic ecstasy that the crone wears off and normal cervix is resumed.

par avion

War Hero

Why do they keep getting in government and having a majority of the seats then. You jocks need to show us English the love then and form a Scottish Unionist party. I would vote for English independance just so I didn't have to hear her whining whinging cackle again the old harridan.

What happened to Janet from Docter Finlays Casebook ? Yes I no she was an Irish American. The next thing you will be telling me is that Tannock Bray has an SNP MP.

Latest Threads