Question Time Commentary

Slime

LE
Listening to BBC Radio 5 Question time extra time show on catch up would be worth a listen.

Adrian Chiles was talking with the Black girl with the gap in her teeth from tonight’s QT.

Listen from about the quarter past midnight time frame.
She was bad mouthing America and saying how bad it is so Chiles asked her which country she would rather live in if she had to stay their all her life.
With the choice of either Iran or the USA she simply went on about how the US are or have been awful to it’s own citizens.

It’s worth a listen just to understand her levels of:
Idiocy
Brainwashing
Naivety
Lack of knowledge.

Edit.
I may have misrepresented the woman without realising.
I may have the wrong women, it may have been a speaker who sounded similar, but the views were still correct.

Last edited:
It was shite even when it was topical, Just some off-duty journos shooting the breeze but wearing headphones to make it look like hospital radio.
It was better tonight, though I'm so used to filtering it out I missed bits of it. Less pissing about and more useful facts and insights than the first shows last year.

Listening to BBC Radio 5 Question time extra time show on catch up would be worth a listen.

Adrian Chiles was talking with the Black girl with the gap in her teeth from tonight’s QT.

Listen from about the quarter past midnight time frame.
She was bad mouthing America and saying how bad it is so Chiles asked her which country she would rather live in if she had to stay their all her life.
With the choice of either Iran or the USA she simply went on about how the US are or have been awful to it’s own citizens.

It’s worth a listen just to understand her levels of:
Idiocy
Brainwashing
Naivety
Lack of knowledge.

Edit.
I may have misrepresented the woman without realising.
I may have the wrong women, it may have been a speaker who sounded similar, but the views were still correct.
Her attitude doesn't surprise me. Thanks for that.

NSP

LE
OT - The delectable Dr Hannah Fry is on BBC4 - The Joy of Winning
The poor lass may be knock kneed but she is very intelligent and a stunner.
And has what to do with flags of convenience?

NSP

LE
OT - The delectable Dr Hannah Fry is on BBC4 - The Joy of Winning
The poor lass may be knock kneed but she is very intelligent and a stunner.
Bollox to that - here's a turn I did on a St. Vincent & Grenadines toilet:-

Utec Surveyor01.jpg

Here it is doing its usual blowing of smoke. For once it's not blowing for'ard and being sucked into the ventilators...
Utec Surveyor02.jpg

Typical standard of sea-fastening...
Utec Surveyor03.jpg

Oops - let's chuck a sidescan fish overboard on a winch boom not rated to carry a 20kg fish and about half a tonne of cable...
Utec Surveyor04.jpg

And then let's pull it back in without paying attention...
Utec Surveyor05.jpg

As an added bonus, here's the Turkish navy harassing us - until we got near to Limassol and the RAF rocked up and said, "Fuck off now. Or else..."
Utec Surveyor06.jpg

Note prophetic last entry (none of them are mine, before I'm asked)...
Utec Surveyor07.jpg

Oyibo

LE

View attachment 442799

Here it is doing its usual blowing of smoke. For once it's not blowing for'ard and being sucked into the ventilators...
View attachment 442800

View attachment 442801

Oops - let's chuck a sidescan fish overboard on a winch boom not rated to carry a 20kg fish and about half a tonne of cable...
View attachment 442802

View attachment 442803

As an added bonus, here's the Turkish navy harassing us - until we got near to Limassol and the RAF rocked up and said, "Fuck off now. Or else..."
View attachment 442804

View attachment 442805
I've been on better maintained ships in the Gulf of Guinea!

NSP

LE
I've been on better maintained ships in the Gulf of Guinea!
It's the one time I've thought to myself, "I hope my agent insured me."

And the one time I thought I was going over the side due to icerink decks and a sudden roll. I mean, rail in the belly, pitched over, hanging on and staring into the wet maelstrom below, hands gripping the rail, feeling the laws of physics and momentum make the feet start to lift off the deck and the whole pitch forward sort of stuff. Normally I don't fear my end but at that moment, in the dark and alone, I had that "life flash before your eyes" moment.

When I'd clung on and recovered and toddled off inside to recover and fill out a HOC it occurred to me that the "flash" moment was disappointingly short...

But on the other hand most of it was kinky sex so fuck it.

Sounds glib but true dit, as it goes.

View attachment 442799

View attachment 442800

View attachment 442801

View attachment 442802

View attachment 442803

View attachment 442804

View attachment 442805
1578620641752.png
Gi's a job. I'll soon flog them into shape. ;)

Oyibo

LE
It's the one time I've thought to myself, "I hope my agent insured me."

And the one time I thought I was going over the side due to icerink decks and a sudden roll. I mean, rail in the belly, pitched over, hanging on and staring into the wet maelstrom below, hands gripping the rail, feeling the laws of physics and momentum make the feet start to lift off the deck and the whole pitch forward sort of stuff. Normally I don't fear my end but at that moment, in the dark and alone, I had that "life flash before your eyes" moment.

When I'd clung on and recovered and toddled off inside to recover and fill out a HOC it occurred to me that the "flash" moment was disappointingly short...

But on the other hand most of it was kinky sex so fuck it.

Sounds glib but true dit, as it goes.
Could be worse:

Enough thread drift from me

View attachment 442799

View attachment 442800

View attachment 442801

View attachment 442802

View attachment 442803

View attachment 442804

View attachment 442805
It looks old. Looks like it was built in 1973 if I got the name right. Did that ship serve in the Falklands under another name?

Last edited:

NSP

LE
Did that ship serve in the Falklands?
No, you're thinking of a a bigger but similarly-shaped thing that is now the Ocean Endeavour. I've done four turns on that thing so far.

Pre-Gardline it used to be;-

I'm given to understand that this is the puppy that lifted the Sante Fe so that it could be taken to deep water and scuttled, having no value as a war prize thanks to the efforts of the FAA in filling it full of holes, size various.

No, you're thinking of a a bigger but similarly-shaped thing that is now the Ocean Endeavour. I've done four turns on that thing so far.

Pre-Gardline it used to be;-

I'm given to understand that this is the puppy that lifted the Sante Fe so that it could be taken to deep water and scuttled, having no value as a war prize thanks to the efforts of the FAA in filling it full of holes, size various.
Thanks. That one was built in 1986 so it couldn't have been there until years after.
The Surveyor looked rather old. Looking it up it was renamed after UTEC bought it.
Looking up the previous name it is listed as having been part of the British naval force during the Falklands War.

BalticShipping.com
British naval forces in the Falklands War - Wikipedia

Congratulations. Unless I'm mistaken you have sailed on a historic, though virtually unknown, Falklands veteran.

Missed it as I’m on a jolly holiday.

how are the Biased Broadcasting Corporation coping having failed to swing a Labour government?

has Fiona Bruce’s biased chairing of the show changed in any respect given she failed to engineer an electoral result by giving shouty types maximum air time?

Is it worth watching anymore now there is a Tory majority?

Latest Threads