Question Time Commentary

Youtube

Question Time Swindon 28.11.2019

God, she's full of shit.
Does she eat sh1t too?

Gobby RoI NHS nurse in green: fat/obese - what a great example for patients

Dear Gov't, NHS, PHE & public sector when you are all BMI target compliant, only then can you tell us to be.

If you want to hold retention of nurses, improve pay and conditions pay for their training pension provision
Pay and conditions - excellent

Pay for their training* - done + a bursary

Pension provision - excellent

* Do they need a Degree? No and nor do Cops, Next Degree for Military recruits?

Leaving the EU is driving nurses out of the NHS?

Really?
Didn't you know all those Aus, Indian, Sri-Lankan, Philipino, Vietnamese etc Doctors n Nurses only came here to be in EU /sarc

Tony Blair threw money at it.

Yeah, sure he did.
Lionel spot on with Blair/Brown throwing billions at NHS and swelling bloated admin/mgt with no improvement

FiFi scowling at Lionel

Memo
To: Lionel Shriver
29 November 2019

Thank you for your contribution to last night’s Question Time.
However, future appearances on this programme will be jeopardised if you continue to contradict/offend other panellists and, especially, the Presenter, by insisting on introducing facts and logic into your replies.

NSP

LE
Memo
To: Lionel Shriver
29 November 2019

Thank you for your contribution to last night’s Question Time.
However, future appearances on this programme will be jeopardised if you continue to contradict/offend other panellists and, especially, the Presenter, by insisting on introducing facts and logic into your replies.
You forgot the sign-off...

"Love and cuddles,

The Producer."

Can we have universality on payment of tax so everyone pays one rate regardless of income?

Or does labour only work in one direction?
imo a lowish (20%) flat tax is optimal. Does away with all the exemptions, avoidance, evasion, etc along with most HMRC, Treasury etc staff costs and lawyers, tax advisors etc

Some ex USSR have opted for this - but pork barrel politics

Labour & universality - everyone except white straight male Con/TBP party voters are victims of abc..xyz

Watching it now, about a third into it.

Much the worst episode in terms of one-sided questioning and FB interventions.

BBC now not interested in impartiality, perhaps because it knows the game's up and only a Corbyn win will see its survival in current form.
C4 News were badgering Gove about rumours C4 was to lose Gov't TV Licence funding

They're not "NHS documents." They're documents detailing preliminary exploratory meetings with the US to determine what the agenda should be for post-Brexit trade negotiations (trade negotiations being not-allowed before we leave). If the US asks for access to the NHS market to be on the agenda then:-

a) it does not mean that they will be given carte blanche to "buy up" the NHS.
b) it does not mean that the NHS will buy their drugs if they can buy them cheaper elsewhere.
c) it does mean that if they can provide clinical services cheaper than Virgin (where the NHS has already privatised contracted out) then why not?
d) it does mean that if they can provide drugs cheaper than the EU then whoohoo!
Exactly. Competition = lower cost for NHS/Gov't/Taxpayers

Competition does not mean lower quality - buyer (NHS) specifies quality they will pay for

I'd like NHS to be like Swedish schools - spend Gov't voucher at whichever state/private school you want

Surfin', as I am wont to do after a Special Brew or two, I came across this QT from 2007:

Contrast the differences between that and the current product; a chairman who doesn't randomly, condescendingly and simperingly interrupt a speaker, a panel which is intellectually capable of laying out their argument without too much political bullshit, and an audience which seems to understand the issues being discussed.

I miss Christopher Hitchens.

Let me try to get this Corbyn/McDonnell concept of nationalising companies ‘without borrowing’ straight.

Instead of a business I part own (e.g. because my pension fund provider is a shareholder), let’s use my home as an example.

A Labour government would buy my home using taxpayers’ money (i.e. mine), evict me and take it into State ownership (but it’s not borrowing).

A Labour government would then give me a bond for my home in lieu of money (but it’s not borrowing).

I would be unable to redeem my bond for the value of my home because this would entail the Labour government having to sell my home on (but it’s not borrowing).

I would be homeless and own a bond I can only redeem if the Labour government pays me back the value of my home (but it’s not borrowing).

Let’s call these ‘bonds’ what they actually are, i.e. IOUs (but it’s not borrowing).
My bold - that's where you're going wrong, it's not the value of your home; it's the value Labour decide and you must accept.

Yes, you're homeless - that's Utopia (defn: no place)

Only 64%?

64% Think the BBC is Biased

Audience should do this next time BBC inflicts him on QT panel

Nish Kumar Booed Off Stage

Reminder to audience: don't forget your bread rolls

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Tonight from Hull on QT
Annaliese Dodds - Labour
James Cleverly - Conservative
Ian Blackford - SNP
Richard Tice - Brexit Party
Ed Davey - Lib Dems

Last edited:

NSP

LE
Blimey! They're actually letting TBP on the panel...? I smell a trap - especially now they've got the four whip- resignations to play with.

Could be fun - if I can stick that odious snake Blackford for an hour.

Tonight from Hull on QT
Annaliese Dodds - Labour
Ian Blackford - SNP
Ed Davey - Lib Dems
Tories should have sent JRM. The bloke has presence and actually goes down well in a lot of Labour areas, especially the Brexit voting ones. His performance on QT from Bishop Auckland was definitely memorable. Sadly Cleverly is a dull non-entity.

Tonight from Hull on QT
Annaliese Dodds - Labour
Ian Blackford - SNP
Ed Davey - Lib Dems
And...I'll be monitoring it on here, rather than watch the dull shit on the box

BlackDyke

War Hero
And...I'll be monitoring it on here, rather than watch the dull shit on the box
Same here, one of the best services this site provides is the weekly running commentary on QT that absolves me of actually having to watch this sh*t, I watch Talking Pictures Channel instead which makes much more sense.
Just once* the commentary has inspired me to actually watch it on catch up but this is an increasingly rare occurence.
Thank you to our many correspondents...

* And only once.

Latest Threads