Question Time Commentary

NSP

LE
He was complaining 5 mins ago that people don't read to the 'end of the paragraph'.
In much the same way that Jezza clearly didn't read his unredacted documents. I mean, in the first debate he held up redacted documents and claimed that they said the NHS was to be sold off. I saw a screenshot earlier and as far as I could tell every piece of text was redacted. So how did he know what they said (he hadn't claimed to have seen the unredacted version, which from reports must have been on Reddit for at least a week before that, at that time)...?

Slime

LE
I was thinking this thread had gone quiet..............

Then realised I had started posting in the Corbyn thread by mistake :)

And the vast majority of people who bang their gums about not being a racist, will have at some point had racist thoughts. If they say they haven't, they're lying.

Right on, PC, tree hugging, inclusivity, is a construct that has been forced down the throats of society.

Personally, for historic reasons, I'm wary of the Irish and am deeply suspicious of letter boxes, so posting the chrimbo cards will be interesting.

Camm1

War Hero
Actually one should be free to insult a religion
The Racial and Religious Hatred Act 2006 amended the Public Order Act 1986 by adding Part 3A. That Part says, "A person who uses threatening words or behaviour, or displays any written material which is threatening, is guilty of an offence if he intends thereby to stir up religious hatred." The Part protects freedom of expression by stating in Section 29J:

Nothing in this Part shall be read or given effect in a way which prohibits or restricts discussion, criticism or expressions of antipathy, dislike, ridicule, insult or abuse of particular religions or the beliefs or practices of their adherents, or of any other belief system or the beliefs or practices of its adherents, or proselytising or urging adherents of a different religion or belief system to cease practising their religion or belief system.
I was arguing this a couple of nights ago so did a little research. It's from a Wikipedia article but I'm sure there is someone knowledgable enough here to tell us if it's incorrect.

Slime

LE
It’s getting a bit boring watching angry muslims shouting about something that they haven’t read.

If some muslim gets assaulted tonight by an angry person who was angered watching these two muslims on QT who would be to blame?

It’s getting a bit boring watching angry muslims shouting about something that they haven’t read.

If some muslim gets assaulted tonight by an angry person who was angered watching these two muslims on QT who would be to blame?
I suspect they would have read it, but because they're from the religion of peace and tolerance, their husband wouldn't let them.

Let me try to get this Corbyn/McDonnell concept of nationalising companies ‘without borrowing’ straight.

Instead of a business I part own (e.g. because my pension fund provider is a shareholder), let’s use my home as an example.

A Labour government would buy my home using taxpayers’ money (i.e. mine), evict me and take it into State ownership (but it’s not borrowing).

A Labour government would then give me a bond for my home in lieu of money (but it’s not borrowing).

I would be unable to redeem my bond for the value of my home because this would entail the Labour government having to sell my home on (but it’s not borrowing).

I would be homeless and own a bond I can only redeem if the Labour government pays me back the value of my home (but it’s not borrowing).

Let’s call these ‘bonds’ what they actually are, i.e. IOUs (but it’s not borrowing).
It's not borrowing at all.

It's theft.

PFGEN

GCM

As always that would be those filthy racist tories and their nazi followers. Report tomorrow to the political officer for re-education.

NSP

LE

Slime

LE
I felt really sorry for Lionel.

She asked the obvious question of what is actually wrong about saying someone looks like a letterbox?

No one in the audience was able to provide an answer, but a group of them needed to boo her.

Slime

LE
The two angry girls in head scarves did make a very valid point though, and it certainly wasn’t lost on me.

Whether it’s an idiotic racist telling someone born here to go home, or an idiotic girl shouting about an article they haven’t even read there will always be idiots shouting like rabid dogs about things they have no understanding of!

Slime

LE
As an aside.
My other half works for the NHS.
She says just in her small section alone there are two women who had left, then come back in a retention deal exactly like Boris wants to do for the nurses.

Watching it now, about a third into it.

Much the worst episode in terms of one-sided questioning and FB interventions.

BBC now not interested in impartiality, perhaps because it knows the game's up and only a Corbyn win will see its survival in current form.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

She asked the obvious question of what is actually wrong about saying someone looks like a letterbox?

No one in the audience was able to provide an answer, but a group of them needed to boo her.
TBH, they look more like a split bin bag than a letterbox, letterboxes are red, not black.

Mr_Baiter

War Hero

When intelligence bumps up against ill-informed, mob stupidity you are more than likely to get the response we saw; if the stupid can't win with reason they can always try shouting.

Latest Threads