Question Time Commentary

Sorry but is she saying that if we leave the EU Paddy fishers won't be able to hoover up Scotlands scampi? I would have thought the SNP would be up for that, what with them championing Scotland catching Scotlands fish to sell into Europe and stuff...
It was an incoherent sound-bite rant; her fish points were contradictory word salad

I think there's a production of Macbeth in Leicester that tonight had to open with only two one weird sisters.
FTFY

YT

Question Time Live From Leicester 17 Oct 2019

Jake Berry has made another appearance on Politics Live (BBC2 now) and full of confidence and sense again. Offered the Labour lacky (Jenny Chapman) again the choice of a GE to sort all this crap out... which was beebly swerved as usual, with copious amounts of bull turds

Tonight's schedule has been posted by the BBC. Note that the only hint of any leanings is applied to Kate Andrews and the "right-leaning" Institute of Economic Affairs. Hard left is presumably normal and inconsequential? I've added some comments in red (bold italic for those with a black and white screen) based on some convenient findings from wiki.

Fiona Bruce presents an hour of topical debate from South Shields. On the panel:
Norman Lamont, former chancellor of the exchequer 1990-93, and a Conservative peer since 1998; Richard Leonard MSP, leader of the Scottish Labour Party; Hard Left
Caroline Voaden MEP, Liberal Democrat; "Stop Brexit"
Kate Andrews, associate editor at the right-leaning Institute of Economic Affairs;
Ken Loach,award-winning film director. Boycott Israel; Claims of Anti-Semitism are a smear campaign against Jeremy Corbyn. A couple of his films were "criticised for allegedly being too sympathetic to the IRA."

Last edited:

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Tonight's schedule has been posted by the BBC. Note that the only hint of any leanings is applied to Kate Andrews and the "right-leaning" Institute of Economic Affairs. Hard left is presumably normal and inconsequential? I've added some comments in red (bold italic for those with a black and white screen) based on some convenient findings from wiki.

Fiona Bruce presents an hour of topical debate from South Shields. On the panel:
Norman Lamont, former chancellor of the exchequer 1990-93, and a Conservative peer since 1998; Richard Leonard MSP, leader of the Scottish Labour Party; Hard Left
Kate Andrews, associate editor at the right-leaning Institute of Economic Affairs;
Ken Loach,award-winning film director. Boycott Israel; Claims of Anti-Semitism are a smear campaign against Jeremy Corbyn. A couple of his films were "criticised for allegedly being too sympathetic to the IRA."
If I could paraphrase your post for you: Has been, ****, ****, maybe, utter ****.

At least Lamont has been, which is better than never was!

NSP

LE
Kate Andrews...? I shall set the on-screen guide reminder function immediately...

Note that the only hint of any leanings is applied to Kate Andrews and the "right-leaning" Institute of Economic Affairs. Hard left is presumably normal and inconsequential?
I picked up on that "right-leaning" too - Barnardos last week wasn't prefixed with left-leaning

Crikey, I thought Norman Lamont died years ago!
Doesn’t look like a particularly interesting line up this evening - I may sit it out.

Loaded's going to town and FI's not butting in...? Oo-er...

Martin Daubney On Boris's Deal

Martin Daubney - Unlike rest on panel he's Loaded having read and analysed text of proposed Treaty and calls it out for what it is:

UK Surrender To EU Treaty Mk 2 and BRINO

MPs on panel visibly shocked and angry that Daubney doing what he's paid to do <his taxpayer funded job> by reading documents

May's Surrender Treaty has not been changed except for NI Backstop. Rest inc CFP, Regulatory alignment, level playing field, foreign and defence, tax, vat, ECJ and all the other poison remains.

EU Game plan all along was to use NI as a red-herring to distract from the poison in this Surrender Treaty

The problem with the revised political declaration is that it is just that - a non-binding declaration. The draft treaty remains largely unchanged. Even then, there's lots not to like in the declaration, e.g.:

"70. The Parties should consider cooperation on carbon pricing by linking a United Kingdom national greenhouse gas emissions trading system with the Union's Emissions Trading System."

"73. Within the context of the overall economic partnership the Parties should establish a new fisheries agreement on, inter alia, access to waters and quota shares.

74. The Parties will use their best endeavours to conclude and ratify their new fisheries agreement by 1 July 2020 in order for it to be in place in time to be used for determining fishing opportunities for the first year after the transition period."

Having allowed the EU to destroy fish stocks in UK waters and to go a long way to destroying our fishing industry in the process, why on earth would we agree any sort of agreement giving them continuing access to our waters after we leave?

Preferring Johnson to May does not mean one must accept his Surrender Treaty - although Speccie etc so loyal to him they do

See also:

and

I'm not alone in pointing out the flaws in Johnson's "new" "deal":

John Redwood: Deal or no deal?

Accept this Treaty and we're tied by EU & ECJ in perpetuity

NSP

LE
I picked up on that "right-leaning" too - Barnardos last week wasn't prefixed with left-leaning
I've had it with the blatant bias since the referendum - they don't even pretend to be impartial any more - so when my licence expires at the end of this month I'm ticking the "Fuck you - I've got Netflix/Prime" box and not paying for this shite any more.

I don't watch any live-to-air TV any way, and I certainly don't watch iPlayer. Anything decent that the BBC produce invariably ends up available to source by "other means" within hours or transmission, anyway.

Fuck 'em - if non-payment-by-switch-off and illegal downloading* kills the TV tax then so be it.

* Obviously I cite ID here for illustrative purposes only. Neither myself nor the ArRSe management condone or encourage it in any way. Members are reminded to conduct themselves in an entirely lawful manner at all times.

NSP

LE
Funny old thing, but the Canary is not a friend of hers:

I'm not a friend of The Canary. I would, however, like to be a friend of Kate's. A friend with benefits...

And I'm not talking about JSA!!!

And "Comments are closed." Really?! Is that because of the number of people who haven't got their head up their arse ripping into the yellow bastards....?

Last edited:

NSP

LE
MPs on panel visibly shocked and angry that Daubney doing what he's paid to do <his taxpayer funded job> by reading documents
That reminds me of the bit in Fahrenheit 9/11 when Moore rides around DC in a loudspeaker van reading out parts of the Patriot Act (selectively and out of context mostly) - the parts that curbed civil liberties, or somesuch - and then interviews the Speaker or leader of Congress or someone with some clout. Asks him if they actually read the Act before passing it.

Grande Fromage leans back in his seat, tents fingers and says, "My son. Do you think we actually have time to read all this bullshit?"

Or words to that effect.

I imagine it's the same over here. If so, then they go into the lobbies not knowing what they're voting for. Sounds vaguely familiar...

Latest Threads