Question Time Commentary

Brexit Cast truly is dire. It’s shameful what the BBC has done with Andrew Neil.
Off to my pit - night all!

As I said above, I’m sure she’s been having speech therapy. The gulps and swallows might well be part of a ‘coping’ exercise.
In that case, she needs to get her money back. Before, she just had a lisp. Now, she still has the lisp and gulps the end of sentences.

I kept wondering who the lucky sod was who had to fit JH-B's microphone.

To think that my eldest daughter may have been taught by that ER idiot when she was at UEA! Do you think I've got grounds for a refund of her uni fees?

Well, it used to go on to This Week. Now it's a weird version of Alan Partridge's North Norfolk Radio slot. Why are they all wearing cans?

Just watching now after a night shift, the beeb appear to have hit on the wizard wheeze of putting sensible people on the panel in order to combat bias allegations and then constantly interrupting them so they can't finish a question properly followed by some tech wizardry to make 20 people clapping sound the same as 50.

This Rupert geezer is truly in need of a slap, I find it hard to believe that we are allowing chods like this to teach. I had better start spending more time with the grandlings I think. Maybe I will be able to help equip them with a contrarian attitude that will demand evidence.
Edited to add; Self centred knob that I am I forgot that I have 4 free thinking, non conforming, politically (one ex army and one currently serving) aware children who are unlikely to take teacher activism lightly when it concerns their own kids.

Last edited:
****** Rupert talking about polluting children's minds...Greta anyone?

This Rupert geezer is truly in need of a slap, I find it hard to believe that we are allowing chods like this to teach..................
Too late for my daughter. She graduated from UEA with a BSc (Env) and although she's not into the street-blocking, kumbyah dancing antics of the great unwashed, she is a firm believer in the consequences of climate change and feels strongly that the likes of China, India, Brazil and the US need to recognise the environmental damage that is being done. As for living in a tent in Trafalgar Square - if it hasn't got Wi-fi, central heating, USB charging points, a comfy bed and somewhere to plug in her hair drier, it's not for her.

Theo is a prat, too used to being deferred to I reckon.

The obvious question for Theo is whether or not he wants the casting vote on his board reserved for a bureaucrat from Brussels or not.

PFGEN

GCM
Too late for my daughter. She graduated from UEA with a BSc (Env) and although she's not into the street-blocking, kumbyah dancing antics of the great unwashed, she is a firm believer in the consequences of climate change and feels strongly that the likes of China, India, Brazil and the US need to recognise the environmental damage that is being done. As for living in a tent in Trafalgar Square - if it hasn't got Wi-fi, central heating, USB charging points, a comfy bed and somewhere to plug in her hair drier, it's not for her.
Whether it causes climate change or not, she has a point as there is no denying that the likes of China (we don't give a sh!t), India (we sh!t anywhere), Brazil (wood is made for burning) and Russia (Boris, why are you glowing in the dark) are guilty of environmental damage on a colossal scale. That's where the crusty and soap dodgers need to protest. We have a few young ones here who have degrees in whale singing and panda cuddling but you wouldn't see them camping out either. Most of them are also thankfully realists and recognise where the real issues lie.

YT

Question Time Live From Beckenham 10/10/2019

Why are these doughbags not screaming about the wholly unsustainable growth in global population?

...which is the driver for almost all other planetary pollution issues?
You're a "we're doomed" Malthusian I assume?

Someone in that QT quoted David Attenborough and his comments on the effects of plastic in the oceans. Of far more importance were his views on population:

Most plastics seem to be degrading and decomposing fairly rapidly; their effects are quite likely to be serious in the shorti-ish term, but if they're stopped from dumping into the seas in the next hundred or so years shouldn't cause long-term damage, only change. People, on the other hand, are behaving in a racially suicidal manner, by exceeding the numbers which can be fed (and accommodated socially) on one small planet.

"Every one of these problems becomes more difficult, and ultimately impossible to solve with more and more people".

Malthus? Bloody right.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Royal Signals 5
vvaannmmaann Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs 16
theoriginalphantom Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment 0

Latest Threads