Question Time Commentary

TBF - Piers just made a very good analysis of the ills of current society - responsibilities, toughening up etc.. Fair play to him - he was the most impressive and eloquent panel member tonight.

What a shit QT. Piers saved the day
I thought it was quite good - there was a lot of people in the audience that weren't having any of the usual crap, even when a chosen placeman ready with the usual crap got called. Heard a fair bit of "sharp intake of breath" and outright hissing tonight.

That's not change, it's tweaking. True change would take a massive mindset shift and a similarly massive re-organisation of the entire NHS, some of which would be political suicide for anyone who suggested it.
The Health And Social Care Act was hardly tweaking; it was a full root-and-branch restructuring of the health system.

It was politically motivated, not evidence based, cost us a vast sum of money and has delivered diddly squat.

It wasn't political suicide for the bugger that instigated it and he is now in the HoL.

QT didn't look promising so I watched colour footage from D Day instead. Tuned in not long ago. It seemed the audience and panel was anti-Broris, anti-Trump and mostly anti-Brexit? Good finishing speech by Piers Morgan.

Would someone please remind me how much I detested him before because of his promotion of the faked POW photos. He’s soared in my estimation in recent times.
Let’s not get carried away. He’s still a smug twat! :grin:

I only caught the last few minutes. I was hoping someone would sum up.
Much disdain for Corbyn’s student style protests and an understanding that regardless of how you feel about Trump he’s the elected President.

Some concerns about whether the NHS is ‘up for grabs’ in a trade deal

Nicki Morgan trying to bang the drum for Gove, but audience not buying

Utter disdain generally for failure to deliver Brexit.

The SNP bloke said some stuff...

Much disdain for Corbyn’s student style protests and an understanding that regardless of how you feel about Trump he’s the elected President.

Some concerns about whether the NHS is ‘up for grabs’ in a trade deal

Nicki Morgan trying to bang the drum for Gove, but audience not buying

Utter disdain generally for failure to deliver Brexit.

The SNP bloke said some stuff...
Thanks for that.

Interesting. Michael Portillo is not keen on Boris getting the PM job, although he says he may win. Although Portillo is a leaver, he prefers Michael Gove and Rory Stuart, each for different reasons but he's not wildly enthusiastic about either... Andrew Neil refering to Change UK as ClusterChuck :lol:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Just_plain_you The Training Wing 0
A The Science Forum 103
chrisg46 Weapons, Equipment & Rations 8