Question Time Commentary

I have some fine friends who are Irish but when it comes to the collective Irish Borg, feck 'em.
And me, well my whole family and I agree with you

Left leaners, Lammy especially, are getting disproportionate applause & even woops. Have they bussed a load in?
From what Fi implied they ask you how you voted, say vote leave. You can always be remain inside

Just a couple of questions after, admittedly, a very good dinner:-

1) I've read the last four pages or so, but does anyone actually know why the venue was suddenly moved from the advertised Bolton, Greater Manchester, to Londonistan with a four-fifths metropolitan remainiac panel with lots of inner London, ahem, constituents and a token bender in the audience?.

2) Could we change "Cheese eating surrender monkey" to "Spud chomping bog stomper"? I've had just about enough this week of the Tea Sock bigging it up with Manny and Mutti and the EU commissar and QT panellist Mairead McGuiness (no relation, allegedly) lecturing us on the wonders of the EUSSR.

3) Why are THEM not having a properly quiet word with Lammy?

4) Why is Charles Moore not on leading HMG's Brexit negotiation team into Europe?

OZ

After the surreal intro, Andrew Neil did his usual introduction piece. Michael and Alan gave their highlights of the week. First feature - Is the oldest political party in the world in danger of breaking due to Brexit? Michael Portillo agrees that chances of Conservative party splitting and JC getting to No 10 have increased considerably since last week. 1 - The turning point was the awful blame spaffing speech last week. 2 - asking Jezza The Red for help.
Alan thinks Labour has less risk of splitting, although he is frustrated by it having been taken over by Momentum.

Jo Coburn gave the review of the week, with a rowing theme and got flashed by a streaker on the riverside.
Jan Ravens on Hysteria - avid remainer. Michael bemused at yet another remainer comedian in the opposite chair.

00:30 Show changed to AN covering Newport byelection.

Last edited:
...Jan Ravens on Hysteria - avid remainer. Michael bemused at yet another remainer comedian in the opposite chair...
...and one who speaks on behalf of the hard done-by younger generation again.

Portillo’s quote of the night:

“What I think is remarkable, and shows that we’re really very calm [as a nation], is someone like Ken Clark (who really is the nearest we’ve got to a European federalist) being willing to accept the result of a referendum, because he says he sees what the deal is now, whereas the comedians of this world still won’t accept the word democracy.”​

Cue at least 19 out of 20 performers on ‘Have I Got News For You’, ‘The News Quiz’, ‘The Mash Report’, ‘Live at the Apollo’, ‘Dead Ringers’, one man/woman comedy shows, etc., etc.

Andrew Neil taking no BS while interviewing candidates in Newport West via roving camera and studio guests re Brexit, referendums etc. Long list of candidates at Newport. Top three parties:

Ruth Jones - Labour win - (It was a Labour seat) 9308
Matthew Evans - Welsh Cons 7357
Neil Hamililton - UKIP 2023 - (three times higher than last years vote under a higher turnout)

2.4% swing to Conservatives.

Moss (Richard Ayoade - IT Crowd) lookalike/soundalike Stephen Bush (New Statesman) doing "analysis" of sorts in studio. Ian Curtis on hand via remote camera to provide his analysis.

In 2017 the combined Conservative and Labour share of votes at Newport West was 91%
This year (2019) their combined share was 71% which means a 20% share was lost to UKIP and the smaller parties.

Last edited:
watched the fist fifteen minutes in iplayer and skipped through the speakers to the questions from the audience.

The thing looks totally rigged by the Biased Broadcasting Corporation and Fiona Bruce has lost any piece of credibility she has an an independent chair in my mind, so the work that was done in the beginning by her is now shot. Zero credibility for me I'm afraid.

No surprises as we all knew the move to London to Bolton was calculated meddling by the luvvie twats.

Lets watch the shambles rumble on....................

I got bored and went to bed

did anyone bring up the subject of "white saviours"
(a reason I didn't donate this year)

just watching This week now.

For the lads amongst us

Screenshot 2019-04-05 at 06.07.15.jpg

oh yes

Did that Ash bird think she was conducting an orchestra ; her claws were all over the place? Two ways of shutting her up - one is tying her hands together the other...I'm sure some gentleman would oblige.

Fi-Fi didn't like Charles's opening lines; I thought she was going to freeze him out of the rest of the programme at one stage. As for Lammy..... 10 million sperm in a squirt and he swam the fastest.

Andrew Neil taking no BS while interviewing candidates in Newport West via roving camera and studio guests re Brexit, referendums etc. Long list of candidates at Newport. Top three parties:

Ruth Jones - Labour win - (It was a Labour seat) 9308
Matthew Evans - Welsh Cons 7357
Neil Hamililton - UKIP 2023 - (three times higher than last years vote under a higher turnout)

2.4% swing to Conservatives.

Moss (Richard Ayoade - IT Crowd) lookalike/soundalike Stephen Bush (New Statesman) doing "analysis" of sorts in studio. Ian Curtis on hand via remote camera to provide his analysis.

In 2017 the combined Conservative and Labour share of votes at Newport West was 91%
This year (2019) their combined share was 71% which means a 20% share was lost to UKIP and the smaller parties.
Don't overlook voter turnout , funnily enough the Grauniad is highlighting it, unlike the Beeb
2017 67.5 %
2019 37.1%

Don't overlook voter turnout , funnily enough the Grauniad is highlighting it, unlike the Beeb
2017 67.5 %
2019 37.1%
Turnout in by elections historically tend to be low and the governing party do badly. since JC has been leader the majority has fallen from 14k to 2k. No matter how you put it JC has influenced the vote for Labour.

Did that Ash bird think she was conducting an orchestra ; her claws were all over the place? Two ways of shutting her up - one is tying her hands together the other...I'm sure some gentleman would oblige.

Fi-Fi didn't like Charles's opening lines; I thought she was going to freeze him out of the rest of the programme at one stage. As for Lammy..... 10 million sperm in a squirt and he swam the fastest.
Cracking!

Looks like you're all over-reacting: the Beeb did not move the programme South simply to garner a more sympathetic audience. No way. No siree Bob. Not a chance. And it's most hurtful that you could even think to challenge such an impartial broadcasting icon:

"The BBC has rejected claims of "bias" after it moved live filming of Question Time from Bolton to London.
The programme said Thursday's show was broadcast from Dulwich to allow politicians attending Brexit debates at Westminster to take part.
Some social media users said moving filming from Bolton, where 58% voted to leave the EU, ensured a pro-EU audience in London, which voted to remain. . . "

Question Time accused of bias over move

So there.

Last edited:
Looks like your all over-reacting: the Beeb did not move the programme South simply to garner a more sympathetic audience. No way. No siree Bob. Not a chance. And it's most hurtful that you could even think to challenge such an impartial broadcasting icon:

"The BBC has rejected claims of "bias" after it moved live filming of Question Time from Bolton to London.
The programme said Thursday's show was broadcast from Dulwich to allow politicians attending Brexit debates at Westminster to take part.
Some social media users said moving filming from Bolton, where 58% voted to leave the EU, ensured a pro-EU audience in London, which voted to remain. . . "

Question Time accused of bias over move

So there.
Yeahhhhhh, riiiiight

You don’t think full stop love
Ash Nutcase seems to believe EU will ban all exports to UK if no deal.

I suppose they might, but WTO & UN would be on them in a flash. More importantly, USA & RoW would fill the gap.

Last edited:

Latest Threads