Question Time Commentary

It was nice to see some props clips from Bletchley Park in Quentin Letts' round up of the week.
I miss Letts in the DM. He has gone elsewhere since the Mail changed Editors. I’m thinking of doing the same. Quentin Letts was one of the reasons I subscribed to the rag.

Slime

LE
Politics related.

I went to Bristol museum today to see a Banksy painting that is being displayed for a while.

It’s called ‘Devolved Parliament’

DDD38E5C-BC32-444E-B3F4-6E0FD9A5FA0C.jpeg

NSP

LE
Politics related.

I went to Bristol museum today to see a Banksy painting that is being displayed for a while.

It’s called ‘Devolved Parliament’

View attachment 385276
How insulting to apes - they are at least able to show intelligence and cooperative action.

The bald Greek bastard is talking more sense than everyone else put together.
Only if you agree being in a customs union with EU in-perpetuity is good and respects Leave EU vote.

imo it doesn't and it's vassalage.

Last edited:
I miss Letts in the DM. He has gone elsewhere since the Mail changed Editors. I’m thinking of doing the same. Quentin Letts was one of the reasons I subscribed to the rag.
Agree. Replacement Mr Deeds is trying to emulate Letts, but he's boring and I've given up reading.

Why does The Sun not have a clickable writer-name to see all their articles?

@ ~6m30s
Damian Hinds MP, secretary of state for education, effectively said "We can't leave EU until EU permits us to leave"

That's my take, agree?

@ ~13m30s
Yanis Varoufakis compares May's Brexit deal to a defeated nation's War Surrender Treaty

He's correct

Youtube Video

Delaying Brexit with an extension to Article 50 means Remaining in the EU

Yanis Varoufakis, the former Greek finance minister, told the BBC last November:
“Once the European Union presents a deal on the table, there is no way that it can be unpicked. It is take it or leave it. Nobody negotiates with the European Union… Bureaucrats are like software, like algorithms. They have a check list. Mr Barnier has no mandate to negotiate with Mrs May on anything of substance. So he goes tick, tick, tick.”
I wish we could have a deal. I wish we could leave on easier terms than WTO. But most of all I wish we're sure we will leave the EU on 29th March 12th April.

If we don’t, Brexit will not be extended. It will be extinguished. Click, click, click

Wow. Would have thought Moneyweek would have been Remain!
Merryn Somerset Webb very disappointing; has she been drugged with same as BoJo, JRM and Raab?

"The shame of Jacob Rees-Mogg who has revealed his weak knees He apologises, as he put it, for changing his mind. He will now vote for May’s deal

Yet that doesn’t fit in with his previous pronouncements on the matter, which had argued that May’s deal represents to the worst of all worlds – finding ourselves bound by EU laws but without any say in making those laws. His logic was that a state of vassalage would very much be worse than remaining in the EU – although of course he would far prefer to leave than to stay. Now, he is saying he would rather Britain be a vassal state of the EU rather than be a full voting member. His logic has deserted him, along with his sense of principle.

What we have learned about Jacob Rees-Mogg is that while being an excellent debater, he is an appalling strategist."

When the greek commie gets the key point and our PM doesn't, that's rather depressing.
May won't not doesn't, as she is a remainer.

No 10 now saying May being blackmailed by four cabinet ministers - one being Rudd.

Rudd sat with Soubry, Greive etc on backbenches - who put her in cabinet? Oh, it was May

They're playing games whilst UK Economy, businesses and people suffer the cost.

We need:
https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/question-time-commentary.222767/post-9183076

Latest Threads