Question Time Commentary

I'd have preferred Nigel Dodds.. I take it Ian Paisley Jr was unavailable due to being on holiday...
I accept your point re Nigel,he could do the job, but not Diane his screechy wife. Ian Jr , I don't hold his stock very high,but he'll get re elected I'm sure if there was a GE , still riding on his fathers coat tails. I don't know about you , but I hear very little from some DUP - David Simpson for example,unless he's very active in his own constituency.

This Week - That Katya Adler. You see her during Brillo's introduction and you think, "Not bad. Not bad at all." Then she opens her mouth and starts speaking and you think, "Christ, she's swallowed a piano!".
On balance...I would.

A clip was shown at the end of a young John Bercow saying he wasn't in favour of an unaccountable third party having supremacy over the UK.... I'm still in shock and may have got my words muddled so fee l free to correct if a clip appears.

Was Tobias in the Green Jackets in the 90s then? If he left as a captain he probably done 4/5 years..
Does 4/5 years service provide Army with payback of training & Sandhurst?

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
I can’t be the only one who think that Tobias Ellwoods ultra low key to no key military “career” needs to be back seated.

“Rising to the rank of Captain” this **** is a career political ******. His military service is the equivalent of an A level student joining chess club to pimp up his university application game
He left the Regular Army as a Captain, but is still an officer in the Reserves. Currently badged as Rifles, he was promoted to Lt Col last Sept in 77 Bde.

I don't agree with much of Mr Ellwood's politics, but I think that he has done some good work on the Defence issues during his tenure. Brandishing politicians' military service is something that media outlets do, in much the same way they prefix any other kind of pre-political career. Note how Alan Johnson was habitually labelled as a former postman. To be honest, Ellwood's attempts to revive PC Keith Palmer GM should probably get more of an airing than his military service.

A clip was shown at the end of a young John Bercow saying he wasn't in favour of an unaccountable third party having supremacy over the UK.... I'm still in shock and may have got my words muddled so fee l free to correct if a clip appears.
Bercow:
Good afternoon to John Bercow MP. He is a Tory Eurosceptic and proud of it.

Make no mistake, if you join the single currency, it will almost certainly fail economically. The effect of that would be to damage employment and growth and prosperity in Britain.

It is absolute nonsense for Britain to sign up to a policy made by people in Frankfurt, with whom we do not interact, and whom we cannot remove.

Fair enough. By the way, John, enjoyed the Titanic analogy a moment ago.

Got any more about, say, interest rates?

An interest rate policy for the whole of Europe is like a golfer going out onto the golf course, with one club.

I'm not interested in signing up to a policy which puts Europe before Britain. People who live in Lewisham are not going to go to work in Luxembourg.

And that means a single government, and a single state.

# Big John, # Big John
# Big Bad John.#
BBC This Week 21 March 2019 @1h 16m 28s

Sheffield.

On the panel
Damian Hinds MP secretary of state for education
Jenny Chapman MP Shadow Brexit minister
Yanis Varoufakis economist, author and former Greek minister of finance - EU don't negotiate
Simon Wolfson, chief executive of clothing retailer Next and a Conservative peer - no deal is no problem
Merryn Somerset Webb, editor of personal finance magazine MoneyWeek - Brexiter (Scottish Julia HB)

Sheffield.

On the panel
Yanis Varoufakis economist, author and former Greek minister of finance - EU don't negotiate
Simon Wolfson, chief executive of clothing retailer Next and a Conservative peer - no deal is no problem
Merryn Somerset Webb, editor of personal finance magazine MoneyWeek - Brexiter (Scottish Julia HB)
Mugshots:
QT-mugs.png

Sheffield.

On the panel
sounds fun.
I

This Week (after Question Time)

Andrew Neil reviews the political week with
Michael Portillo, :thumright:
Stella Creasy :omg:
and Miranda Green. :thumright:
There is also a film from Quentin Letts rounding up the highlights. :thumright:

The guests are American political consultant and pollster Frank Luntz, who looks at Brexit and British politics, populism and democracy, while Irish rapper :scratch: Maverick Sabre puts the generation gap in the Spotlight section.

Jenny Chapman, my MP, who has sold out her constituency for a place on the Supreme Leader's front bench. She knows better than us plebs it seems.

Sheffield.

On the panel
Anyone got a bingo card for tonight?

Latest Threads