Question Time Commentary

The main problem is that Parliiament reflects the country in that BREXIT, and the question of Europe in general, do not neatly follow party political lines. However, the party leaders (among others) try to pretend they do. The issue is just too divisive.

I remain convinced that such important decisions as this, with such long-term consequences, should require a two-thirds majority.
Since the referendum - which was a vote and, therefore, by definition divisive - I have said several times the problem is that politicians and commentators did not seem to understand that so-called traditional British politics had been turned on their head: it was no longer a case of Right v Left, political dogma, vote for the rosette, and so on.
I don't include all politicians in that description, just the professional political class - where 'professional' is used in the same sense as one would say a 'professional lady of the street'.

Since the referendum - which was a vote and, therefore, by definition divisive - I have said several times the problem is that politicians and commentators did not seem to understand that so-called traditional British politics had been turned on their head: it was no longer a case of Right v Left, political dogma, vote for the rosette, and so on.
I don't include all politicians in that description, just the professional political class - where 'professional' is used in the same sense as one would say a 'professional lady of the street'.
...and the national interest gets lost in the shuffle.

Latest Threads