Question Time Commentary

I hope Portillo is wrong in suggesting we are headed for soft brexit.
Softer than May's deal he thinks. Largely due to intransigence on all sides, May sticking rigidly to her "deal" and alegedly not listening to other views according to an attendee John Nicolson spoke with.

They This Week panel guests reckoned that Corbyn made serious strategic error by turning down PMTM's invitation. He therefore has nothing to offer. May is likely batting all other sides against each other in order to get them to meet in the middle where her "deal" is. This won't work. Parliament likely to take the matter over by passing a series of motions* and we know that there is a much softer Brexit doesn't mean Brexit bias in the house.
(*Not that type of motion, although..)

Last edited:
And Isobel hasn't really had a look in yet. Time to ask Diane a maths question. One advantage of Abbott on the panel is that they don't need to book a comedian.
The BBC doesn't anyway

Started in a Parisian tunnel with the death of 'the people's princess'.

Before that episode of mass hysteria we'd never heard of the People's anything.
People's Republic of China not ring any bells...?

People's Republic of China not ring any bells...?
That's really British that isn't it old fruit? The 'People's whatever' was adopted into the British lexicon when Di died.

That's really British that isn't it old fruit? The 'People's whatever' was adopted into the British lexicon when Di died.
"Before that episode of mass hysteria we'd never heard of the People's anything."

And the nationality caveat is in there where exactly...?

I do wish that our more respected BBC commentators would refrain from this 'Maybot' nonsense. Like 'Bliar', 'Liebour' etc it's merely puerile.

"Before that episode of mass hysteria we'd never heard of the People's anything."

And the nationality caveat is in there where exactly...?
Try applying context.

You know, you was much better when you were @Syledis.

Except that I've never been @Syledis.

Or anyone else, for that matter.
You do look good in tights though - and at least one bloke in Barnsley has had you as a 'starring role'.

Latest Threads