Question Time Commentary

From the blue end of the rinbow, me.

However, Clair Perry's performance places her pretty high on my hate list of political panellists. She sounded & behaved soooo like Col. Nugee

70% tariff on Welsh lamb, yet there's a report that reducing lamb populations will reduce global warming effects. :cool:
What percentage of Welsh Lamb is exported to EU?

Given UK imports a lot of lamb from New Zealand with that 70% tariff, I'd suggest very little.

It also implies Welsh Lamb is too expensive - out of EU we could buy Lamb for 70% less which sounds good.

Claire Perry: "May's surrender agreement absolutely delivers on Brexit"

Whut?

We voted to leave the customs union
"Great news, we've got a great deal to stay in the customs union!"

We voted to leave the single market
"Great news, we've got a great deal to stay in the single market!"

We voted to be an independent United Kingdom
"Great news, we've got a great deal to permit Dublin supremacy over NI!"

May's surrender agreement:
LEVEL PLAYING FIELD FOR OPEN AND FAIR COMPETITION
Competition must be open and fair. Provisions to ensure this should cover state aid, competition, social and employment standards, environmental standards, climate change and relevant tax matters, building on the level playing field arrangements provided for in the Withdrawal agreement and commensurate with the overall economic relationship.
ie UK must never compete with EU

May is worse than Chamberlain.

Chamberlain "only" said UK didn't want a war with Germany, he didn't agree Germany allowed to rule UK

Hes such a scruffy git. Watched one of his 'history' programmes recently. He was standing next to some smart young soldiers on parade & he was in jeans, t shirt & trainers looking like a yob. It distracts from what he has to say. But him calling people headbangers the toffe nosed git.
Michael Portillo rather deftly knocked him back into his box last night.

Everything's relative :)
She's a rocket scientist compared to Angela Rayner!
Ah yes, Shadow Edukayshun Sectry Angela "yeah but, no but" Rayner

:p

It's not that. She <Claire Perry> like a teacher
Boring again

Claire Perry - Supercilious, Patronising cow
Barry Gardiner - Waffler
Liz & Mark - waste of space
Tim Stanley - sensible & democratic

May's surrender agreement: Gibraltar betrayed, Spain will be given Governing role
...In a stunning move, the long-held notion that Gibraltar is and always will be a British Overseas Territory has been fatally undermined by little-noticed yet supremely important clauses within the Withdrawing Agreement between the EU and GB&NI.

Spain will be given seats on a Committee which will control access, use and governance of Gibraltar Airport. Long a target for the grasping and corrupt hands of the Spanish, access to the very lifeline of Gibraltar as an independent entity has been given away to the corrupt hands of the Spanish, who have always wanted a foothold in Gibraltar proper.

Spain given full equal rights in all tax and financial measures alongside UK in Committee regarding tax fraud, tax residence, smuggling and money laundering...
Traitor May intent on proving she's less patriotic or trustworthy than Corbyn.

Gives GB to EU, NI to RoI and now Gib to Spain.

Channel Islands, IoM and Falkland Islands should be worried.

Chamberlain "only" said UK didn't want a war with Germany, he didn't agree Germany allowed to rule UK

I believe we are witnessing some serious realpolitik here wrt not fully severing ties with the EU. Probably a few ‘set pieces’ being played out too.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
May's surrender agreement: Gibraltar betrayed, Spain will be given Governing role

Traitor May intent on proving she's less patriotic or trustworthy than Corbyn.

Gives GB to EU, NI to RoI and now Gib to Spain.

Channel Islands, IoM and Falkland Islands should be worried.

As ever, the Devil is in the detail, and I expect there will be more of these little 'gems' emerge with deeper analysis of the 500+ pages of the WA.

As ever, the Devil is in the detail, and I expect there will be more of these little 'gems' emerge with deeper analysis of the 500+ pages of the WA.
The top 40 horrors lurking in the small print of Theresa May’s Brexit deal

In summary:
The supposed ‘transition period’ could last indefinitely or, more specifically, to an undefined date sometime this century (“up to 31 December 20XX”, Art. 132).​
We can only leave the transition positively with a deal. But we sign away the money. So the EU has no need to give us a deal, and certainly no incentive to make the one they offered ‘better’ than the backstop.​
The European Court of Justice remains sovereign, as repeatedly stipulated.​
Perhaps most damagingly of all, we agree to sign away the rights we would have, under international law, to unilaterally walk away.​

The top 40 horrors - I've picked out a few:

May says her deal means the UK leaves the EU next March. The Withdrawal Agreement makes a mockery of this. “All references to Member States and competent authorities of Member States…shall be read as including the United Kingdom.” (Art 6). Not quite what most people understand by Brexit.​
The EU admits, in Art. 184, that it is in breach of Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty which oblige it to “conclude an agreement” of the terms of UK leaving the EU. We must now, it seems, “negotiate expeditiously the agreements governing their future relationship.” And if the EU does not? We settle down to this Agreement.​
The UK is forbidden from revealing anything the EU told us or tells us about the finer points of deal and its operation. (Article 105).​
Any powers the UK parliament might have had to mitigate EU law are officially removed. (Article 128 )​
The UK agrees to spend taxpayers’ money telling everyone how wonderful the agreement is. (Article 37)​
Art 40 defines Goods. It seems to includes Services and Agriculture. We may come to discover that actually ‘goods’ means everything. The “goods” and the term “services” we are promised the deal are not defined – or, rather, will be defined however the EU wishes them to be.​
The agreement will last as long as the country’s youngest baby lives. “the persons covered by this Part shall enjoy the rights provided for in the relevant Titles of this Part for their lifetime”. (Article 39).​
The UK agrees not to prosecute EU employees who are or who might be deemed in future, criminals (Art.101)​
The agreement will be policed by ‘the Authority’ – a new UK-based body with ‘powers equivalent to those of the European Commission’. (Article 159)​
Any disputes under the Agreement will be decided by EU law only – one of the most dangerous provisions. (Article 168}. This cuts the UK off from International Law, something we’d never do with any foreign body.​
And, of course, the UK will agree to pay £40bn to receive all of these ‘privileges’. (Article 138}​

The more I read, the angrier and sadder I become. Truly horrendous

Traitor May has internationally humiliated the UK with her surrender - I've seen several USA news saying "UK Humiliated"

Last edited:
The top 40 horrors lurking in the small print of Theresa May’s Brexit deal

The top 40 horrors - I've picked out a few:

May says her deal means the UK leaves the EU next March. The Withdrawal Agreement makes a mockery of this. “All references to Member States and competent authorities of Member States…shall be read as including the United Kingdom.” (Art 6). Not quite what most people understand by Brexit.​
The EU admits, in Art. 184, that it is in breach of Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty which oblige it to “conclude an agreement” of the terms of UK leaving the EU. We must now, it seems, “negotiate expeditiously the agreements governing their future relationship.” And if the EU does not? We settle down to this Agreement.​
The UK is forbidden from revealing anything the EU told us or tells us about the finer points of deal and its operation. (Article 105).​
Any powers the UK parliament might have had to mitigate EU law are officially removed. (Article 128 )​
The UK agrees to spend taxpayers’ money telling everyone how wonderful the agreement is. (Article 37)​
Art 40 defines Goods. It seems to includes Services and Agriculture. We may come to discover that actually ‘goods’ means everything. The “goods” and the term “services” we are promised the deal are not defined – or, rather, will be defined however the EU wishes them to be.​
The agreement will last as long as the country’s youngest baby lives. “the persons covered by this Part shall enjoy the rights provided for in the relevant Titles of this Part for their lifetime”. (Article 39).​
The UK agrees not to prosecute EU employees who are or who might be deemed in future, criminals (Art.101)​
The agreement will be policed by ‘the Authority’ – a new UK-based body with ‘powers equivalent to those of the European Commission’. (Article 159)​
Any disputes under the Agreement will be decided by EU law only – one of the most dangerous provisions. (Article 168}. This cuts the UK off from International Law, something we’d never do with any foreign body.​
And, of course, the UK will agree to pay £40bn to receive all of these ‘privileges’. (Article 138}​

The more I read, the angrier and sadder I become. Truly horrendous

Traitor May has internationally humiliated the UK with her surrender - I've seen several USA news saying "UK Humiliated"
I'm giving you a dislike, not because I disagree with you, it's because I dislike the content. Horrifying.

From the blue end of the rinbow, me.

However, Clair Perry's performance places her pretty high on my hate list of political panellists. She sounded & behaved soooo like Col. Nugee
I’ve had the misfortune of meeting her in real life. She is even more patronising and aloof - I took an instant dislike to her. It doesn’t help that she has the appearance (and voice) of a post op tranny!

Gibraltar Betrayal: A Response To Hon. Fabian Picardo
In his Press Release (above), the Chief Minister explicitly states that there have been absolutely no concessions on sovereignty, jurisdiction or control.
EU Disagrees:
IX. What has been agreed regarding Gibraltar?
The European Council guidelines of 29 April 2017 set out that "no agreement between the EU and the United Kingdom may apply to the territory of Gibraltar without the agreement between the Kingdom of Spain and the United Kingdom."

Bilateral negotiations between Spain and the UK have now concluded. A Protocol referring to these bilateral arrangements is annexed to the Withdrawal Agreement....
On air transport law, it establishes...
Gib's Hon. Fabian Picardo lying or disingenuous?

She really is spouting the party line regardless of the reality of the situation.
She should be in Labour Green Party!
FTFY - Small correction to reflect her beliefs

Her fellow Green, M Gove, is now scaremongering "No Mars Bars if we leave EU with no deal" - how utterly trivial and also evil "scare the children".

Meanwhile, an adult in the room:

"Rabb said the final straw was hearing news that the EU intended the backstop customs arrangement, which was negotiated to prevent the need for a border in Northern Ireland, to form the basis of the U.K.’s eventual economic relationship with the bloc. POLITICO was first to report that Tuesday night.

Asked if someone on the U.K. side had prevented him from knowing earlier he said, “Yep.” When asked who, he said: “I don’t know. I’ve asked how this change was made and who licensed it and there’s not been a clear answer.”
See Andrew Marr Show Dominic Raab Sun 18th November

yes I would - Claire. Looks foxy
Energy minister Claire Perry faces being investigation for shouting and swearing at civil servants after trade unions complained about her bullying of staff.

Three unions have written a joint letter to Alex Chisholm, the permanent secretary at the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) about ministers' behaviour.
Ms Perry was singled out for criticism amid claims there have been a series of reports about her abuse of officials.

Seems she has form for shouting people down

Archie

Energy minister Claire Perry faces being investigation for shouting and swearing at civil servants after trade unions complained about her bullying of staff.

Three unions have written a joint letter to Alex Chisholm, the permanent secretary at the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) about ministers' behaviour.
Ms Perry was singled out for criticism amid claims there have been a series of reports about her abuse of officials.

Seems she has form for shouting people down

Archie
and a dominatrix as well. Things only get better. Just off upstairs for a bit. Now where was that sock?:)