Question Time Commentary

Corbyn came to Bristol today, talked a load of crap and was welcomed here by the very MP his party are trying to de select as she isn't a Corbynite!

Corbyn was saying how Bristolians need to learn about Bristols connection with the slave trade or th Bristol bus boycott a few decades ago..........

Two things that Bristolians are ultra aware of and seem to be being debated or talked about more and more.

I get totally fed up hearing that certain places, buildings or statues need to be changed or removed due to connections with the slave trade, only specific things are targeted.
No one want the churches built with slave trade money pullled down, no one calls for the royal family to be banned as they ruled during the slave trade period, or the council or MP for that matter.

Apparently I as someone who lives in the area need to come to terms with the fact my local area was at the heart of the slave trade. While I'm not quite sure what I can do to help now that it's been abolished for a very long time I

You go, Kezia: straight in with the spite and envy politics. Tell me: where would your party get all this magical money from?

Corbyn came to Bristol today, talked a load of crap and was welcomed here by the very MP his party are trying to de select as she isn't a Corbynite!

Corbyn was saying how Bristolians need to learn about Bristols connection with the slave trade or th Bristol bus boycott a few decades ago..........

Two things that Bristolians are ultra aware of and seem to be being debated or talked about more and more.

I get totally fed up hearing that certain places, buildings or statues need to be changed or removed due to connections with the slave trade, only specific things are targeted.
No one want the churches built with slave trade money pullled down, no one calls for the royal family to be banned as they ruled during the slave trade period, or the council or MP for that matter.

Apparently I as someone who lives in the area need to come to terms with the fact my local area was at the heart of the slave trade. While I'm not quite sure what I can do to help now that it's been abolished for a very long time I
Beat yourself severely every day and hate yourself.

Oh, and pay up.

but it's OK - the English taxpayer is paying for Scotland, so no worries.......... always easy to be generous with other people's cash

Ah, the East Lothian question !!

Someone needs to tell Corbyn that 16,000 British servicemen died forcing the rest of the world to stop slaving, after Parliament legislated to prevent private industry here doing it (slaving was never state-sanctioned or operated but an entirely private enterprise, as far as I know).

Oh, hang on - Corbyn despises British servicepersons and lauds those they have to try and stop, like the IRA.

If that loathesome cunt is allowed anywhere near No.10 as anything other than a visitor then I hope someone assassinates him before he does any damage.

If you find yourself in the unfortunate position of having to claim it, you'll be waiting a minimum 6 weeks before you get a penny.

To be honest, I could smash Kezia's back door in. Oh, wait - Liz Kendal's on after...

It's good to hear the SNP describing the poverty in the country they govern..........
While blaming Westminster.

The make-up dept has been a bit trigger happy tonight, look like ghouls.

Woo hoo.
It's Westminsters fault that the SNP won't spend Scottish money on Scots

If you find yourself in the unfortunate position of having to claim it, you'll be waiting a minimum 6 weeks before you get a penny.
Which so far as I can tell is the main area of serious criticism (as opposed to objection for objections sake).

In other areas it seems like a good idea, though crediting a politician with a good idea is not something that comes naturally to me.

Latest Threads