• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Question Time Commentary

Young girl in black: guess what, immigrants grow old & need care too

Fookity fook fook fookity! I got up early for fishing for fook all. My mate who I fished with as kids, had his day instead and landed a 28lb 13 oz Sturgeon as his lifetime PB.
I could have fookin stayed up and watched Issy after all!
Caught up with all the comments whilst on the bank. Good show I missed in the main.
Cheers all!

Isabel spot on with "outcomes important, not spending more" and a perfect example of why DFID should be abolished.
Further thinking: outside public sector, does any person or organisation view spending more as preferable to objective achieved?

Further thinking: outside public sector, does any person or organisation view spending more as preferable to objective achieved?
There's a great many inside public sector who don't. One of the biggest problems, at least by the time I left, was that you had to spend so much time and effort proving what you were doing was value for money, it no longer actually was.

I don't imagine that will have changed to the extent it needs to have done since.

Only if you are trying to reduce your tax bill.
Which is a another example of why high tax rates are counter productive - a 45% or 50% discount is more appealing than a 20% discount on a purchase

There's a great many inside public sector who don't. One of the biggest problems, at least by the time I left, was that you had to spend so much time and effort proving what you were doing was value for money, it no longer actually was.

I don't imagine that will have changed to the extent it needs to have done since.
Yep. Public sector procurement is a convoluted mess:

Keeping money in the local economy - Tim Aker MEP

No. Solution is deregulate/simplify and increase transparency, not regulate more.

Only got round to watching this and so far not got past the first question about austerity. It was good the George the Poet confirm the use of food banks as gone down from the previously touted 1 million a year to 500,000 a year. Shows something must be working.

I attended two trial filmings of QT today, both part of seeking the next Chair/presenter.
Emily Maitlis was up first, looking notably fragrant.
I thought she handled it all well.
She was followed by Kirsty Wark, wearing tracksuit bottoms (at 63, honestly).
Wark, in character, interrupted 15 times (I was keeping 5 bar gates); Maitlis not once.

The panelists included Camilla Tominey, who was excellent - on message, articulate, amusing, confident.
Wes Streeter was pathetic - a 'speak your weight machine' for Labour party policy, who was laughed at when he claimed they were united on Brexit.
Helen Whatley, an up 'n comer for a safe Conservative seat in mid-Kent with Health sector experience was impressive.
Ash Sarkar, a 26 y/o mouthy lady who is a self-described communist, was allowed at the end to get away with calling Boris Johnson a racist - irrespective of the fact that his second wife is half-Indian.
Lastly, possibly one to watch in Emma Whelan, a young blogger, who among other things takes on feminists - "middle class wimmin with nothing better to do".

I attended two trial filmings of QT today, both part of seeking the next Chair/presenter.
Wark, in character, interrupted 15 times (I was keeping 5 bar gates); Maitlis not once.

The panelists included Camilla Tominey, who was excellent - on message, articulate, amusing, confident.
Wes Streeter was pathetic - a 'speak your weight machine' for Labour party policy, who was laughed at when he claimed they were united on Brexit.
Helen Whatley, an up 'n comer for a safe Conservative seat in mid-Kent with Health sector experience was impressive.
Ash Sarkar, a 26 y/o mouthy lady who is a self-described communist, was allowed at the end to get away with calling Boris Johnson a racist - irrespective of the fact that his second wife is half-Indian.
Lastly, possibly one to watch in Emma Whelan, a young blogger, who among other things takes on feminists - "middle class wimmin with nothing better to do".
I've watched Emma Whelan a number of times, she holds her own ground well.

Are these candidates the final selection?

If so, as its the BBC I think Emily may get it.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

I almost started a thread about this news but luckily, I did a search and found you had already posted this. Tommy Robinson has done those lads no favours at all. If he really did have their interests at heart, he wouldn’t have posted this video. In fact he wouldn’t even have filmed it.

Those lads are new recruits and most likely as non political as you would find among many, if not most of today’s youth. They may have recognised a familiar face and been up for a laugh with someone they think is a popular celebrity but the facts are that whether you like Tommy Robinson’s politics or not, they are controversial.

I hope there aren’t any serious repercussions for those lads other than being given advice to walk away from this kind of situation if it occurs again.

Tommy Robinson knew exactly what he was doing. Those lads didn’t. He should apologise and give an undertaking that he will not in future involve young soldiers or any other branch of the military in attempts to appear to be popular with military personnel and have their support for his politics.

so come on do tell - how did you get to attend this?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
YerDaSellsAvon RAC 4
Concept Gunners 0
Nignoy Old & Bold 11