Question Time Commentary

They all seem to skip over the point that in the US illegal immigration is a criminal offence that can carry a jail sentence. If you're going to be an illegal immigrant don't bring your kids, simple message. I suppose they want the kids to go to jail as well. That's not very humane. Anybody who wants asylum just has to rock up to a border post with kids in tow and say "I want to claim asylum". No issues and the wil enter the program as a family. Don't break the law, simples.
I have no science, stats or knowledge to back up my view, but I would guess if that were the case, few if any would chance their arm with traffickers or other smuggling techniques.

Ah, Janet Street Porter is in next week.
If Dimbers replacement had to be a woman she would definately get my vote.
I suspect many current daytime TV viewers only see her on 'loose women' but she is so much more than that and has done some great work imho.

Out of interest,does anybody on here listen to Adrain Chiles after QT or do they watch This Week or do they do the sensible option and go to bed?

I have no science, stats or knowledge to back up my view, but I would guess if that were the case, few if any would chance their arm with traffickers or other smuggling techniques.
And there lies the difference between a legitimate asylum seeker and an illegal immigrant who thinks they can sneak in.

And there lies the difference between a legitimate asylum seeker and an illegal immigrant who thinks they can sneak in.
No, I get that.

The difference between legal and illegal is obvious.

What I dispute (but am happy to be educated about) is that if it were as simple as fronting up and saying 'I need asylum', then that would be what most would be doing.

But they don't, which implies it's not as straight forward as you suggest.

Ah, Janet Street Porter is in next week.
If Dimbers replacement had to be a woman she would definately get my vote.
I suspect many current daytime TV viewers only see her on 'loose women' but she is so much more than that and has done some great work imho.
Sod that. Bring back Magenta Devine!

Charge everyone who rocks up at A+E or Hospital £5. If they don't or won't present it, take it out of their benefits.
If that happened you could bet your house they would take it to the Uman Rites farce, win and get a shed load of compo to spend on essentials like
Full *Sky package * Other packages/Broadcasters available.
Ciggies/Baccy
White Lightning/Turps
*Iphone * whatever the new rip off is
A complete Pimark outfit or fakes
Gash Tatt
Any treatment that is not either life saving or Emergency should be paid for by all including those on benefits
Just my opion and yes I would pay

Last edited:
No, I get that.

The difference between legal and illegal is obvious.

What I dispute (but am happy to be educated about) is that if it were as simple as fronting up and saying 'I need asylum', then that would be what most would be doing.

But they don't, which implies it's not as straight forward as you suggest.
I heard it from a couple of sources, one was embassy staff but it was in general conversation so like you, if anybody knows better let's hear it. If they do turn up and claim asylum then their case is listened to. Downside is that if they are just a bunch of chancing gits then its a case of out you go and pronto, in double time if you don't mind.

Last edited:
How about Dr Nusbacher?
Well known to many on ARRSE and with a good grasp of history and politics.
Perhaps not the most convincing of the trans section of the community but indeed as you say a good grounding in both history and politics. I always found him her interesting to listen to (it was him at that time).

Perhaps not the most convincing of the trans section of the community but indeed as you say a good grounding in both history and politics. I always found him her interesting to listen to (it was him at that time).
I only recently found out he was now a she, looking back she didnt look too masculine in the past.