Question Time Commentary

Regardless who takes over, rig the panel up with special mikes. Before they waffle aff into deflect mode, they must answer yea, nae or don't know. Fail to do so, switch aff, ditto if they keep on interrupting.

I propose Idris Elba, but in character as Stringer Bell. When dealing with a rowdy audience: "Yo, y'all muthafuckas shut da fcuk up! Y'all niggas gonna need yo' NHS when I stick a cap in yo ass."

Looking through Guido's list, I'd plump for Emma Barnett. Jewish (ish) and a Telegraph writer. The choice has to be female for political reasons, and must have some sort of minoritiness about her, ditto. Worst case; Mishal Husein, picked solely for leading in those two categories.
Competence? The BBC doesn't do that, so Brillo's out.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Looking through Guido's list, I'd plump for Emma Barnett. Jewish (ish) and a Telegraph writer. The choice has to be female for political reasons, and must have some sort of minoritiness about her, ditto. Worst case; Mishal Husein, picked solely for leading in those two categories.
Competence? The BBC doesn't do that, so Brillo's out.
She gave a very good show on the Sunday Marr show a couple of weeks ago. Made the interviewee actually answer the question being asked. Would probably do a great job on QT but I don't know how on-message she is with the BBC.

QT does not require an incisive journalist in the chair. That is not the role of a chairman.

The ideal person would be someone who might be politically bland, but who can take and keep control of the subject, panel and audience and who can cut grandstanders short.

Having said that, I think that QT has probably had its time.

It will, knowing the BBC's obsession with box ticking, almost certainly be a woman.
Initially thought Sarah Smith might do it but
I think Humphreys is too old and Edwards will stick to news.

Wark would be the best of the rest, I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is an old article so it's possible KW may have since become a Conservative fan but I somehow doubt it. That said, having friends in a political party is not of itself evidence of political affiliation to that party.
Wark's Labour links- now Tory leaders demand action by BBC

Data hacking may be slightly hyped up but if they do that, what else might they do?
Wark and husband investigated for data theft

Unbiased? Keeps control? Politically bland? Ticks the diversity box (sort of).
Favourite of the Liberal elite? At a loose end shortly (hopefully)?
Ladies and Gents, I propose:

CD592048-CAFF-4083-B520-F2416919BBEB.jpeg

:smile:

Sometimes there's a surprise turns up, like Richard Madely last week (good), or Ian Hislop (bad).
They should give Hislop the job - the panellists would be cut off at the knees every time they fibbed. It'd be carnage!

They should give Hislop the job - the panellists would be cut off at the knees every time they fibbed. It'd be carnage!
It'd be great if he could reign in his personal opinions, but when he was on he proper let loose with the lefty shite. Not what you want in a dispassionate, impersonate presenter.

Otherwise, yes, he'd be amazing. Just imagine some gobshite letting loose, and getting stuffed like this Christmas's turkey.