Question Time Commentary

All those suggested so far are old and only have, at best 10 years left. As many have said it is almost certain to be female (and I have no problem with that) but if the BBC want it to be taken over adn run properly then they need some one who is in it for the long run and not just a year or two. Someone under 50 with the ability shut someone up.

All those suggested so far are old and only have, at best 10 years left. As many have said it is almost certain to be female (and I have no problem with that) but if the BBC want it to be taken over adn run properly then they need some one who is in it for the long run and not just a year or two. Someone under 50 with the ability shut someone up.
Kirsty Young got a mention by Humphreys this morning - she'd have my vote

As Happy Nomad said above it seems many at the Beeb want to insist the new host is a woman
Mmmm.....too obvious. How about a man now a woman, or a woman now a man, or one of these odd looking Danny La Rue wannabe creatures who canny "make up" their minds. I'd vote for some freak with great plastic fantastic tits, but with yon skin issue that Hamilton's new bird has..so half white, 'arf tinted with a voice like gravel tipping down a lift shaft.
In a wheelchair, must be born 2nd gen of "newcomers"..preferably half Muzzie, 25% Proddy, and 25% Pape though
Boxes ticked.

Mmmm.....too obvious. How about a man now a woman, or a woman now a man, or one of these odd looking Danny La Rue wannabe creatures who canny "make up" their minds. I'd vote for some freak with great plastic fantastic tits, but with yon skin issue that Hamilton's new bird has..so half white, 'arf tinted with a voice like gravel tipping down a lift shaft.
In a wheelchair, must be born 2nd gen of "newcomers"..preferably half Muzzie, 25% Proddy, and 25% Pape though
Boxes ticked.
Shhhhhhh someone at the BBC might read this and do exactly that

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
How about a rolling panel of chairs, like HIGNFY? Stop it getting stale and becoming a vehicle for one person.

I'm amazed anyone cares, a rigged audience, a rigged panel, rigged and predictable questions that are answered with the party line. I can only assume the people who watch it do so to enjoy getting annoyed at anyone who disagrees with their prejudices. Still as this board proves that's a popular hobby. It would be good if a subversive could infiltrate and ask the panel their opinion on e.g. 'The metaphysical philosophy of David Hume and its impact on party politics' so we could all listen to the silence.

It'll be a female ethnic....watch this space.

I'm amazed anyone cares, a rigged audience, a rigged panel, rigged and predictable questions that are answered with the party line. I can only assume the people who watch it do so to enjoy getting annoyed at anyone who disagrees with their prejudices. Still as this board proves that's a popular hobby. It would be good if a subversive could infiltrate and ask the panel their opinion on e.g. 'The metaphysical philosophy of David Hume and its impact on party politics' so we could all listen to the silence.
Exactly. A facking chimp could host the show for all the good it does to politics/entertainment.

Sometimes there's a surprise turns up, like Richard Madely last week (good), or Ian Hislop (bad).