Question Time Commentary

This Week:
Facebook and influencing voters. Some folk have ludicrously suggested Nationalising Facebook ffs :rofl:
Corbyn's Hat - Did Newsnight doctor the photo to make it look like Lenin's hat? No.
Review of the week -
Brexit and Fisheries protest. Miranda Green impersonated fish and wielded a fishing rod.
The Russian issue. Congrats to Vlad from various allied leaders. John McDonald yes it was them. I thought there was a veiled reference by Miranda to Corbyn's slippery response. :) Miranda said Corbyn had landed himself the job of new General Secretary.

Discussion re Brexit developments. Miranda concerned about trade wars kicking off in a world trade scenario..
Various Labour ructions and leavers. (The purges continue as Labour moves further left)
Miranda says Lib Dems "self immolating" over Brexit and there is a lack of alternatives for middle ground voters.
MP doesn't think TM is particularly up to the job but thinks she doesn't cause ructions like Osborne and Cameron.

"Have we become more prone to outrage and if so why?"
Most of the public okay but disproportionate outrage evident in social media.
It will get worse before it gets better. Anonymity encourages outrage.
Orwell got a mention. Ease of finding material online that conforms to a particular outrage (They were alluding to confirmation bias) MP mentioned the important issue of No Platforming and outrage
End titles of program featured some Play School related stuff.

Born to dress one way or t'other, I believe.

Now has a centre parting.
If that really is the case, I don't have a particular problem. Nature has played a nasty trick that should be put right as far as is possible. (Actually, having consulted Wiki, this situation does not appear to apply in this case. Paris Lees, it would seem, simply couldn't get gay enough)

What I cannot accept is the man who has married twice, fathered four children and then, aged fifty, decides that he should really be a lady. That to me is just a personality disorder. He can call himself what he likes, but don't require me to collude.

Last edited:
As a complete non surprise Paris Lee was the guest in the Radio 5 QT extra show and was continuously praised for just how good she was on the QT show!

It may or may not surprise any of you to learn that at approx midnight she was intending to go 'out on the town' with Chakribati and one other person, possibly the SNP lacky.

As a complete non surprise Paris Lee was the guest in the Radio 5 QT extra show and was continuously praised for just how good she was on the QT show!

It may or may not surprise any of you to learn that at approx midnight she was intending to go 'out on the town' with Chakribati and one other person, possibly the SNP lacky.
Just one more and you have 4 picture cards
The King (Dumbers)
The Queen (Lee)
The Knave ( Chappatie)
The Joker ( SNP Clown)

~8min Dimbers reminded us audience is under 30s

I'm sure I saw Justine Greening in audience.

Is age like sex and one may self-define?

I was referring to his statement that Russia wasn't a threat....
Other than a nuclear first strike or mass invasion (not enough ships) Russia (not USSR) is not a threat to UK; despite Blair, Brown, Cameron, et al eviscerating our military. One could think they did want to make Russia superior to UK.

Occurred to me in bed last night:

Bingo should have been artificial hair colours: blue, green, purple, red, pink, yellow, orange and fluorescent/UV.

Other than a nuclear first strike or mass invasion (not enough ships) Russia (not USSR) is not a threat to UK; despite Blair, Brown, Cameron, et al eviscerating our military. One could think they did want to make Russia superior to UK.
You and I obviously have vastly differing ideas of what constitutes a threat. I happen to think that the use of a nerve agent on British soil might be construed as pretty threatening. And anyone with more than a passing interest in cyber security knows just how potentially deadly a serious cyber attack on our infrastructure could be. This has already happened elsewhere so we know they have both the capability and the will to use it.

How An Entire Nation Became Russia's Test Lab for Cyberwar

Night out with Shami Shameful auditioning for role as Labour's next* LGBT+ Equality advisor and first Trans "Lady" in HoL

* the mungoe thing resigned, blamed "right-wing press" who quoted racist & homophobic tweets & FB posts it wrote.