Question Time - Any suggedions for questions for Thu 6 Jan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BuggerAll, Jan 4, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I've got a place on the audience of Question Time on Thu 6 Jan 5. I can nominate 2 questions. I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Clearly the topic of the Tsunami will be raised. I'd like to ask something about FAS. Would it be in poor taste to pose a question that suggests that the Gov't reluctance to deploy military assets to Asia has less to do with an assessment of the requirement and more to do with a lack of deplaoyable assetts and therefore cutting the Armed Forces at this point is madness?

Are there any other issues out there in Arrseland that I could raise?

I will be able to review this up to lunchtime (1330 hrs) Thu 6 Jan 5

2. Question! Inretrospect was it a good Idear to spend 1.9billion on a radio sytem for the armed forces that now proves to be total cr*p and couldn't they have spent the money more wisely by not having to make the cuts they are now proposing!!!!!!!!!! That should put the cat in amoungst the pigeons!! :twisted:

3. "With the change in focus of the Army's Warfighting Doctrine to one of expeditionary warfare as part of the War on Terror, against a poorly equipped but numerous terrorist enemy, how can the Government and the MoD justify the recent cuts to the Infantry whenever it is arguably the Infantry which will be needed most against such an enemy, rather than the high technology electronic platforms, unless it is, as denied by the Secretary of State for Defence, matters of economy that are driving the cuts?"

And you have to say it all in one breath!

4. which is more intelligent than mine
    why does the armed forces keep buying exspensive crap that dosent ****ing work ?

5. Not in poor taste, sknn. The Govt duty muppet's answer will be to list what is being done across the board, including MOD assessment team. If selected, the question might however give an opportunity for others on the panel to pick it up.

Worth checking on BBC website who this week's panel are.

6. "Does the panel believe that the Armed Forces are well-served by this government and that soldiers, sailors and airmen have complete faith in the Secretary of State for Defence and the Prime Minister?"

7. Feckin excellent question, PVR!! :D :D :D :D :D

That gets my vote, sknn. Good luck.

8. A well phrased one, this and i support it - i was on Questions about two years ago and asked the "throw away" question at the end about something Id read about Kate Winslet being computer enhanced for GQ magazine - surprising how much Johnathan Redwood seemed to know about that subject :D

9. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Thank you Mr PVRd - Definitly one to consider

10. Sknn...

Think of tyour potential response as well, when David Dimbleby asks you what you think...

"I don't believe that the Armed Forces have a shred of confidence in either SoS or PM, as over 6000 subscribers to the Army Rumour Service website will confirm, although they use the nicknames Bliar and TCH...sorry, you'd have to bleep the last one if I translated it!" :twisted: :twisted:

11. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Do the panel agree that because the war on terrorism is being won by George Bush, Tony Blair and their actions in the middle east there will soon be scope to further reduce the size of the army in the same spirit as the recent obviously independently recommended reductions proposed by the Chief of The Defence Staff?

12. Do you think the war on terror will last for years, and if so, how do view the cutting of our Armed Forces to a level where they cannot meeet there commitments?

13. In consideration of the recent report by Michael Smith in a well-known newspaper, which stated that the Treasury had applied pressure in order to curb MoD spending, is it not true that soldiers deploying on operations with new equipments, for example the Minimi and Underslung Grenade Launcher, have not been provided with the necessary equipment in order to train them in the use of these weapons; and furthermore that the safety of our own troops is therefore being compromised because of financial limitations?

14. Is the term TCH too polite for that useless piece of excretia known by HMG as the Minister for Defence?

If the government can do more with less in the army how come there are so many more civil servants than when they took over?

Could the Defence Procurement Agency buy a sh4g in Amsterdam for less than 5 billion Euros?

15. How's this for a Suggedion:

Do the panel feel that the recent purchase of 89 obsolete Eurojet Fighter Aircraft (now renamed to cunningly throw us off the scent) at a cost of £billions but saving 1800 civvy jobs, is a fair swap for three battalions of Britain's finest when we, the Western world is fast losing the war on terror?

Or this:

Do the panel believe the New Labour want to get rid of The Royal Family?

Or this:

Do the panel not agree that Mr Bliar should take more and longer taxpayer funded overseas holidays to keep him away from here, and that he should take TCH with him to carry his valise?