• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Question Time - Aldershot

Right then as I have applied to get a ticket for Question Time in Aldershot this Thursday and the one and only Boris Johnson being a panellist on it.
One question and one question only, what would you ask him? Serious or funny, don't think Boris will mind!

Me: Why did Tony's chippy shut?

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
How? How does he get to bonk such gorgeous birds, given that he looks like Worzel gummidge?

jack-daniels said:
Right then as I have applied to get a ticket for Question Time in Aldershot this Thursday and the one and only Boris Johnson being a panellist on it.
One question and one question only, what would you ask him? Serious or funny, don't think Boris will mind!

Me: Why did Tony's chippy shut?

:crying: a sad day when that happened

Ask him if he can think of any uses for that big building on top of the hill with the listed clock tower - rumour has it that it used to be CMH.

Ask why Aldershot (seconded only by Colchester) has become the home town of Pikey's, Layabouts and chav mongs. Is it a local policy to activly bring these people into the area?

On a serious note,
Ask him how the sale of a massive amount of valuable real estate will benefit the troops, or will it be sold secretly to 'Interested individuals' and then sold on to Barratts for a handsome profit for those 'lucky' few.

The value of Montgomery lines alone must be staggering with Aldershot's close proximity to London, good train links and the greenery.

BTW do those pubs (Forget names, Grosvenor road) still do the Sunday afternoon strippers?

JD have you got a link to where you got the tickets from I'd like to go to that one!

Ask him if posh people prefer ketchup or brown sauce on their bacon sandwiches

Howler said:
On a serious note,
Ask him how the sale of a massive amount of valuable real estate will benefit the troops, or will it be sold secretly to 'Interested individuals' and then sold on to Barratts for a handsome profit for those 'lucky' few.

The value of Montgomery lines alone must be staggering with Aldershot's close proximity to London, good train links and the greenery.

BTW do those pubs (Forget names, Grosvenor road) still do the Sunday afternoon strippers?
Every day of the week now, it was the Rose and Crown, now called Tiffanys and you have to pay to go in, not that I ever have.

jack-daniels said:
Wedgy said:
JD have you got a link to where you got the tickets from I'd like to go to that one!

Here you are, be quick though, I don't find out till tomorrow if I've got one.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/question_time/default.stm
Cheers but it looks like it's full.... Bugger, Oh you could ask him if he's heard of a new invention called a comb.

Wedgy said:
jack-daniels said:
Wedgy said:

Here you are, be quick though, I don't find out till tomorrow if I've got one.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/question_time/default.stm
Cheers but it looks like it's full.... Bugger, Oh you could ask him if he's heard of a new invention called a comb.
Shouldn't be, they advertised it the Aldershot news today, this form here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/question_time/1858613.stm

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Howler said:
On a serious note,

about 6 years ago, we had a talk from our then Colonel here, re sale of army land. We were in frame for closure -now happily averted- but Aldershot was quoted as being worth £1 million per acre.

Can you ask him if the stain is still on the roundabout sign at the top of Hospital Hill? Mounty hit it bang in the centre with a sweet curry dip from Macdonalds on the 17th September 1988. It was certainly still there in December 1991 and it had grown a light covering of moss.

Also can you ask him if Henrix pizza is still open (just round the corner from the Posh Wash) I paid for extra mushrooms on a large ham and mushroom but i'm certain I only received the standard amount. Because I was too drunk to stand up, I didn't notice until I honked it back up outside the Queens.

jack-daniels said:
Howler said:
On a serious note,

Every day of the week now, it was the Rose and Crown, now called Tiffanys and you have to pay to go in, not that I ever have.
That's not overkill is it?
I once got on the train to London after one of these erm.. performances and low and behold, same girl comes down and sits opposite me!
I spent the first 30 mins trying to establish if she recognised me from the crowd of colossal perverts and after deciding that she hadn't clocked me then tried to move in a bit.

Got nowhere of course, but I remember a strange feeling of power that a few minutes ago this girl was waving her full tuna salad in my face and she had no idea that this slightly drunk bloke on the train was a happy observee.

Can remember going into the Rose&Crown on a Sunday Afternoon for a matinee performance by two dancers showing their "art" even funnier watching all the Johnny G's in blazers and grey flannel slacks climbing in the front window to avoid paying. Even funnier when we grabbed one and sat him on the front row with us should have seen his face go bright red when she waved her minge right in front of his face. Didn't know someone could smile that wide :D.

convoy_cock said:
Can you ask him if the stain is still on the roundabout sign at the top of Hospital Hill? Mounty hit it bang in the centre with a sweet curry dip from Macdonalds on the 17th September 1988. It was certainly still there in December 1991 and it had grown a light covering of moss.
Also can you ask him if Henrix pizza is still open (just round the corner from the Posh Wash) I paid for extra mushrooms on a large ham and mushroom but i'm certain I only received the standard amount. Because I was too drunk to stand up, I didn't notice until I honked it back up outside the Queens.
It has now turned into it's own eco-system.

Ask him what he thinks his chances of nailing Moody after the show are?

Latest Threads