Question Time - Aldershot

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by jack-daniels, Jun 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right then as I have applied to get a ticket for Question Time in Aldershot this Thursday and the one and only Boris Johnson being a panellist on it.
    One question and one question only, what would you ask him? Serious or funny, don't think Boris will mind!

Me: Why did Tony's chippy shut?
  2. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

How? How does he get to bonk such gorgeous birds, given that he looks like Worzel gummidge?

3. :crying: a sad day when that happened
  4. Ask him if he can think of any uses for that big building on top of the hill with the listed clock tower - rumour has it that it used to be CMH.
  5. Ask why Aldershot (seconded only by Colchester) has become the home town of Pikey's, Layabouts and chav mongs. Is it a local policy to activly bring these people into the area?
  6. Is the peggy going to stay open now?
  7. Its been sold again so doubt it
  8. On a serious note,
    Ask him how the sale of a massive amount of valuable real estate will benefit the troops, or will it be sold secretly to 'Interested individuals' and then sold on to Barratts for a handsome profit for those 'lucky' few.

The value of Montgomery lines alone must be staggering with Aldershot's close proximity to London, good train links and the greenery.

BTW do those pubs (Forget names, Grosvenor road) still do the Sunday afternoon strippers?
  9. JD have you got a link to where you got the tickets from I'd like to go to that one!

Ask him if posh people prefer ketchup or brown sauce on their bacon sandwiches
  10. Every day of the week now, it was the Rose and Crown, now called Tiffanys and you have to pay to go in, not that I ever have.
  11. Here you are, be quick though, I don't find out till tomorrow if I've got one.
  12. Cheers but it looks like it's full.... Bugger, Oh you could ask him if he's heard of a new invention called a comb.
  13. Shouldn't be, they advertised it the Aldershot news today, this form here:
  14. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

about 6 years ago, we had a talk from our then Colonel here, re sale of army land. We were in frame for closure -now happily averted- but Aldershot was quoted as being worth £1 million per acre.
  15. Can you ask him if the stain is still on the roundabout sign at the top of Hospital Hill? Mounty hit it bang in the centre with a sweet curry dip from Macdonalds on the 17th September 1988. It was certainly still there in December 1991 and it had grown a light covering of moss.

Also can you ask him if Henrix pizza is still open (just round the corner from the Posh Wash) I paid for extra mushrooms on a large ham and mushroom but i'm certain I only received the standard amount. Because I was too drunk to stand up, I didn't notice until I honked it back up outside the Queens.