Question regarding qualifications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks,

I'm thinking about joining the army but seem to have hit a bit of stumbling block with regards with my qualifications. When I was in high school I didn't do too well at standard grade level.

However, I went to college and achieved an NQ in motor vehicle and engineering craft practices(which is a vocational qualification on par with the first of an apprenticeship) and also studied at HNC level twice, one I passed and completed which is AutoCadd, the other is mechanical engineering which is partially completed apart from 2 units but includes a graded unit pass at 'B' grade.

I spoke to a recruiter over the phone and they said that I needed to have standard grade passes in maths to try and get into one of the technical trades, I tried arguing my case and the fact that the maths for mech eng vastly supersedes standard grade level but I was told that the door was pretty much closed with regards to technical trades without her really looking into it for me.

I would be grateful for any information from anyone who has had a similar experience with regards to qualifications and is the door really shut? Or is it possible to find a recruiter that can work with me if I can provide proof from the SQA that HNC level is above standard grade.

Look forward to any answers or helpful information.
Adrian

RQMS,

Cheers for getting back to me but unfortunately it was an AFCO that I phoned up...they said it was unlikely regarding the tech trades.

I'm just curious if anyone has been in a similar situation and was able to successfully argue a case.

RQMS,

Cheers for getting back to me but unfortunately it was an AFCO that I phoned up...they said it was unlikely regarding the tech trades.

I'm just curious if anyone has been in a similar situation and was able to successfully argue a case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads