Question regarding in-service quad bikes

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by headgear, Feb 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone tell me who the manufacturers of British Army quad bikes are and if possible any idea how much weight they can pull on a trailer

cheers in advance

ps this isn't a spotter question I need to know for a work related problem
  2. I've seen Hondas, Kawasakis and for people who are really special some big Yamahas :wink:

I don't think there is a "standard" Army quad model but stand to be corrected, as usual :D
  3. I believe the answer from Bigun is correct. There is no standard. Look at manufacturere websites to find out weight capacities and the like.
  4. THEY used to store some at my place. The Hondas they used to use went off to Withams and the Yamahas were bought. Had a cabby on both variants and Yamahas a lot easier to tear around on. Full auto gearbox on them compared to manual on the Hondas. A lot more powerful as well.
  5. thanks for that guys - i'll have to surf the web a bit for manufacturer details - I'm wondering if they can pull a larger trailer i.e loaded 3/4 ton type over relatively short distances off road

6. If i remember rightly the Yamahas are 450cc, and the ones THEY use have winches fitted on the front.
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I saw the ones at Withams and they were a ropey old bunch. Wouldnt last much longer if what I saw was representative.