Question regarding in-service quad bikes

Can anyone tell me who the manufacturers of British Army quad bikes are and if possible any idea how much weight they can pull on a trailer

cheers in advance

ps this isn't a spotter question I need to know for a work related problem

I've seen Hondas, Kawasakis and for people who are really special some big Yamahas :wink:

I don't think there is a "standard" Army quad model but stand to be corrected, as usual :D

TheBigUn said:
I've seen Hondas, Kawasakis and for people who are really special some big Yamahas :wink:

I don't think there is a "standard" Army quad model but stand to be corrected, as usual :D
THEY used to store some at my place. The Hondas they used to use went off to Withams and the Yamahas were bought. Had a cabby on both variants and Yamahas a lot easier to tear around on. Full auto gearbox on them compared to manual on the Hondas. A lot more powerful as well.

thanks for that guys - i'll have to surf the web a bit for manufacturer details - I'm wondering if they can pull a larger trailer i.e loaded 3/4 ton type over relatively short distances off road

cheers

If i remember rightly the Yamahas are 450cc, and the ones THEY use have winches fitted on the front.

ugly

LE
I saw the ones at Withams and they were a ropey old bunch. Wouldnt last much longer if what I saw was representative.

Latest Threads