Question RE Timings

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Praetorian, Jan 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A quick one,

Would it be possible for a recruit to attend ADSC in February 2008, be attested in April 2008, complete training, and a tour in Afghan and then leave the Army around October 2008?

I have it on good authority that the individual in question did serve in the Guards Para Platoon, however some of the war stories that he's been pinging around my mates place of work are a bit doubtful.

Prae

2. It's highly unlikely.

What's training nowadays... 26 weeks? If he was attested in April, assume he started on 1 May, that would take him into November before passing out and that doesn't factor in any leave.

Smells like bollacks to me mate, but am happy to be corrected.

3. Does he have the thousand yard stare ?

4. Infantry training lasts 6 months, then he'd have to get posted to his battalion (or battalions incremental company) then prove him self, get sent on HDPRCC Pre Para then attend and pass P Company.

Unless im mistaken Guards Para deployed to Afghanistan with 3 Para from around April to October last year. So, unless he has mastered time travel he's chatting shit.

If you can provide his regiment and name, i know a few ex-guards paras that might be able to do some checckign up if you like.