Question on claiming for Travel expenses

Discussion in 'OTC and ACF' started by tommy_cooker, Oct 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having just learned that now due to the latest TA cuts, ULOTC cadets are no longer being paid are we still entitled to claim back travel expenses? Now i never joined for the money but being a student i cant really continue without claiming for travel and my chief clerk is unsure yet whether it will continue or not, with me thinking most likely that it wouldn't.

does anyone know? cheers.

2. I believe so yes.

3. Ask your MP - he/she'll know all about claiming for expenses.

4. chapter and verse:

"University Officer Training Corps (UOTC): Savings of £3 million will mean that all UOTC Cadet pay will cease until Apr 10. Military Leadership & Development Programme Training will be re-classified as C1 (unpaid), although undergraduates and instructors will continue to be reimbursed for travel and subsistence. Some activities will be cancelled. TA staff within UOTCs will continue to be paid for time spent on essential training preparation and administration, while training will be delivered by Permanent Staff Instructors"

5. nice one cheers mate, let the war making continue!

6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

According to my CO,the answer from the CAA in 2nd (NI) Bn is no.
    We can still claim for them but they wont be paid! :x
    However that might change,my det is a 44mile round trip which works out £7ish in petrol per week to do cadets!
    Being as I'm currently out of work,£15 per fortnight money I cant afford,even tho when I was working I did'nt claim travel a great deal.
    Hobo,I'll have to check that out.