Question: Is this kosher kit?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Effendi, Nov 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Removed by me.

2. I wouldn't have a scooby, looks like a DPM version of the US ACU shirt/jacket......but my "shiny kit" sense is tingling and I want one! :D

3. Removed by me.

4. It'd be a sod to press.

5. A rather dubious use of the term 'them' again.

This is the gear taht is being trialled to replace soldier '95. idea of all the velcro is when worn under body armour, no annoying buttons being pushed into delicate squaddie skin. All the guys at school of infantry are wearing it, getting to be quite a common site around the place.

Surprised someone has got hold of it commercially, thought it was supposed to be sensitive.

6. Removed by me.

7. OOooooo shiny :D anyone know a general issue release date?

8. It's real kosher trials kit. ISTRC that Kit Monster posted some piccies of it a few months ago, and commented that it probably won't make the final edit.

9. Just on that note, i have just had a CQMS here look at it for info. He stated the same, that as far as he knows it wont make the final cut. Apparently another brand 'Peacock' is more likely to be accepted that mirrors the US style of kit.

10. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I thought UBACs was the way forward.

11. Might be the case, my last was simply what the CQMS in question had been told when the kit was displayed in the Sjts Mess..

12. you sure he wasnt just on about PECOC??

13. Removed by me.

14. Yes pardon the spelling Big D, it was spoken to me not written.

15. Is there a greatcoat and wooly gloves to go with all that kit? Memories of stamping around Hohne tank park in 1969 and -24 degrees C in No 2s and a greatcoat with useless wooly gloves that got wet and froze yer fingers. Oh how the Soviets must have laughed. The new kit looks very business like.