Question: Is this kosher kit?

I wouldn't have a scooby, looks like a DPM version of the US ACU shirt/jacket......but my "shiny kit" sense is tingling and I want one! :D

A rather dubious use of the term 'them' again.

This is the gear taht is being trialled to replace soldier '95. idea of all the velcro is when worn under body armour, no annoying buttons being pushed into delicate squaddie skin. All the guys at school of infantry are wearing it, getting to be quite a common site around the place.

Surprised someone has got hold of it commercially, thought it was supposed to be sensitive.

Just on that note, i have just had a CQMS here look at it for info. He stated the same, that as far as he knows it wont make the final cut. Apparently another brand 'Peacock' is more likely to be accepted that mirrors the US style of kit.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I thought UBACs was the way forward.

Walt_waltberg_walterton said:
Just on that note, i have just had a CQMS here look at it for info. He stated the same, that as far as he knows it wont make the final cut. Apparently another brand 'Peacock' is more likely to be accepted that mirrors the US style of kit.
you sure he wasnt just on about PECOC??

therealbigdizzle said:
Walt_waltberg_walterton said:
you sure he wasnt just on about PECOC??
Yes pardon the spelling Big D, it was spoken to me not written.

Is there a greatcoat and wooly gloves to go with all that kit? Memories of stamping around Hohne tank park in 1969 and -24 degrees C in No 2s and a greatcoat with useless wooly gloves that got wet and froze yer fingers. Oh how the Soviets must have laughed. The new kit looks very business like.

'combat uniform impregnated with incesticide to kill mosquitoes'

does this mean you now just have to exchange with the QM when it gets dirty, as we all know as soon as you wash it you can say goodbye to the incesticide.

like all Army things, it's a great idea that will never work.

was just referring to the fact that Peacock, or PECOC, isn't a manufacturer. It's a system of kit made by various people!

I'm glad to see that new kit is actually relevent to operations. The Latest issue smock is the best one ever issued, but all those stash-pockets and loops for lanyards count for sweet FA when you put body drama on. It's extremely unlikely we will be on operations now where body armour is not worn, so a shirt that's designed to be worn under it makes startling sense.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
I have some of this kit - its very comfortable and practical. Great under CBA with the sleeve pockets and a better 'fit' than CS95. The material is a bit thicker, esp with rft for arse/elbows/knees (padding is removable).

therealbigdizzle said:

does this mean you now just have to exchange with the QM when it gets dirty, as we all know as soon as you wash it you can say goodbye to the incesticide.

was just referring to the fact that Peacock, or PECOC, isn't a manufacturer. It's a system of kit made by various people!
stays for 50 washes, do the maths on ops with 3 sets of kit and it means you will never have to dip again

G

GLESGA-NED

therealbigdizzle said:

Not heard of "peripel" then?