Question for those in Highland Regiments

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by trip51, Jan 7, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know that soldiers in Highland Regiments are supposed to wear nothing under the kilt - being out of uniform if they do.

But, how the hell would anyone know what any guy would be wearing under his kilt.

Does someone check each time?

2. YES is the answer. You can easily see when someone is wearing something under their kilt as they do their foot drill - you see flashes of odd colours!

3. Why? You after the job?

4. THE OLD,OLD STORY" There is nothing worn under the kilt-It's all in perfect working order!!

5. What happens in that case then?

Do they get fined or something?

6. I'll do the checking - for free :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. I always wear a pair of undies - i try to make sure they are dark coloured like the kilt as occasionally the wind might lift it or as already mentioned foot drill. this isn't as bad as alot of fellas imagine as the kilt is quite heavy (nine yards of 19oz wool.)

Also when you are a well hung Scot it's a good idea to wear undies - prevents rubbing/chafing/ serious injury. :lol:

8. I witnessed a Jock SNCO going along a file of nervous jocks decked in their best with one of those old vehicle inspection mirrors ordering show parades for those not complying and in one case a haircut 8O :lol:

9. It takes 9 yards to go around you? 8O :D

10. 8O :lol:

11. [quote="Corporal
    It takes 9 yards to go around you? 8O :D[/quote]

Aye Laddie. Must be All that Haggis :cry:

Hang on Corporal - You're a FXXking Yank. I bet you're hardly slimmer of the Fxxking week. :twisted:

12. Why am I thinking about Carry On Up the Khyber?

13. Reminds me of a story I heard recently from someone in a highland regiment.

One cold September morning in 1977 the establishment was formed up around the periphery of the Parade Square waiting to March on for Monday Parade……….The square was shrouded in quite a dense mist .You could not see much further than the opposite side.

THEN WE HEARD THEM……………………THE RSM’S HIGHLY BOOLED TACKETTY BOOTS BATTERING DOWN THE ROAD AT about 132 BPM…..God preserve us-He’s had a fallout with his missus over breakfast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The FIRST THING he did was to come directly to the Pipe Band, which had a total of 10 pipers. The Junior P/M on the Left hand corner and the Regular Pipey, Jimmy (Pud) Hood of the Argyll’s as a Super-Numerary (I.e. –on his own at the R.H.Side)

The RSM came to the front rank and went directly to the guy in the middle and bawled in his best Gorbals parade voice “LIFT YER KILT UP” The piper hesitated and this hesitation earned him an extremely stiff dig in the guts by the RSM’s Pace stick.

The poor guy very quickly grounded his pipes and Lifted his kilt with Both Hands, revealing a pair of Non military issue Y-fronts …………

This, in conjunction with the earlier hesitation, earned him a Triad of ABUSE from the RSM, WHOSE FACE HAD LITERALLY GONE PURPLE. He then proceeded to the next Guy who was asked his name. When the piper answered in his best Dorset, West Country (English) accent this earned him a belt around the head with the dreaded pace stick. He didn’t even get as far as grounding his pipes.

14. In my days there was a mirror on the guardroom floor. Circumstances when knickers had to be worn were specified - all others were commando rules. I suppose that now the thong is available, they will have to go in for quick fumble?