Question for the Aussies

Discussion in 'Australia' started by jack-daniels, Sep 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. A friend of mines Uncle was in the Aussie Army and served in Vietnam, he died about 74'ish she said and wants to know if there's anywhere she can get his service history from?
    Thanks in advance
    a quick way to search online using a surname, full name or service number if you have it. The search results include service number, enlist date & demob date, units served with & any decorations awarded. Its quite basic but perhaps a good place to start & comes as a natty certificate that can be printed out.

    The site also includes links to other Vietnam Vet organisations in Australia who may be of more assistance.

    If anyones interested, similar facilities exist for WWI & II, & Korean War.

    Hope this helps for a start.
  3. Cheers mate, forwarded on.
  4. Re: Service Records - The Australian National Archives will be able to get hold of the records of deceased members for you, although I believe post 1945 records are held by the Army in Melbourne. (photocopies are sent up for you)

    Worth a try,