Question for the AT/ATOs.....

Discussion in 'RLC' started by jerro-on-tour, Jan 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I would like to get an ATO a work related present, something useful. So far ive got:

- SureFire/another torch;
    - Gerber/Leatherman.

As an AT/ATO, which would you say would be most useful?And which type? or would something else be better? Not too bothered with the cost, something up to £200 maybe.

Thankyou.

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Duck tape to hold them together!

3. Apart from the demonstration of an oxymoron, by mentioning "AT" and "work" in the same sentence, get a lovely big leather pouch to put your torch or leatherman in. This can be hung on the stable belt and make the wearer look like an oxygen stealing moron. Other things AT's like are:

Clipboards -they look official whilst skiiving
    Calculators - they help with counting bullets
    Dictaphones - good for recording the sound of your own voice
    Pliers - excellent for twisting the seals off of ammo boxes (prior to counting bullets and putting them back on the shelf)

4. You could get them some Gaviscon tablets. Then if they ever meet BPS66 they would be able to let him have some.

All that bitterness must cause indigestion.

5. RF........just like the murphy's I'm not bitter!! I actually quite like them, but don't tell em that, it'll ruin the image and all that! I just get bored rigid by the never ending threads linked to AT's and reserve the right to take the pi55 as I see fit. There's about 4 billion threads with AT in the title and I would hazard a guess there will be another 10 by the end of the month.

Maybe GM or one of the other MODs could tidy it up a bit and create trade sub forums as stickies or some such crazy shit.

6. Buy him a femidom for his arrse, looks like he will get fecked by the rest
    of the forum.
    Or just give him the £200, he'll be pissed in a jiffy

7. ANY OF YOU AT/ATOs?
    IS THIS THE NAAFI BAR?
    O look the answer seems to be no. Well I guess that means i was looking for some serious answers, :? not some bored idiots with what seems to be large chips on their shoulders, or is that a inferiority complex :wink: ??

Yes this is another thread about ATs boohoo, i want to get an ATO a WORK RELATED present, so guess what, its going to have ATO in the title because no one else is going to be able to answer the question. :roll:

Use one of the other threads to take the pi$$ please.

8. Shit on a stick!!! no, don't buy him(or is it a her) that. A range-finding monocular would be a great work related tool to buy, certainly within budget and EXTREMELY practical.
    ....yes I am one................or at least I was...........

9. OK, at the risk of a WAH..

Energiser MIL2AA1L torch ... (IF you can find one..)

Leatherman Charge ALX

.. yeah rangefinder would be cool...

GPS in Sandy mode (order through US supplier)

10. thank you. :D

11. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Any AT worth their salt should already have shiny stuff, however, if they are an ATO, well I agree with HE117.

Rangefinder would be cool, as would any surefire or quality multitool. You can get an EOD Gerber.

12. diplomat

diplomat War Hero Book Reviewer

Rangefinder - Depends what you are going to use it for. May not be much use for licensing as I don't think the range will be enough.

13. Most hunting rangefinders will work out to 800 - 1000 yds which is good for IQD. Unless you are designing a very large installation, this should cover most OQD for NEQ less than 100,000kg...

and, no I'm NOT Salty, before you ask.... :wink: