Question for the AT/ATOs.....

#1
I would like to get an ATO a work related present, something useful. So far ive got:

- SureFire/another torch;
- Gerber/Leatherman.

As an AT/ATO, which would you say would be most useful?And which type? or would something else be better? Not too bothered with the cost, something up to £200 maybe.

Thankyou.
 
#3
jerro-on-tour said:
I would like to get an ATO a work related present, something useful. So far ive got:

- SureFire/another torch;
- Gerber/Leatherman.

As an AT/ATO, which would you say would be most useful?And which type? or would something else be better? Not too bothered with the cost, something up to £200 maybe.

Thankyou.
Apart from the demonstration of an oxymoron, by mentioning "AT" and "work" in the same sentence, get a lovely big leather pouch to put your torch or leatherman in. This can be hung on the stable belt and make the wearer look like an oxygen stealing moron. Other things AT's like are:

Clipboards -they look official whilst skiiving
Calculators - they help with counting bullets
Dictaphones - good for recording the sound of your own voice
Pliers - excellent for twisting the seals off of ammo boxes (prior to counting bullets and putting them back on the shelf)
 
R

really?_fascinating

Guest
#4
You could get them some Gaviscon tablets. Then if they ever meet BPS66 they would be able to let him have some.

All that bitterness must cause indigestion.
 
#6
really?_fascinating said:
You could get them some Gaviscon tablets. Then if they ever meet BPS66 they would be able to let him have some.

All that bitterness must cause indigestion.
RF........just like the murphy's I'm not bitter!! I actually quite like them, but don't tell em that, it'll ruin the image and all that! I just get bored rigid by the never ending threads linked to AT's and reserve the right to take the pi55 as I see fit. There's about 4 billion threads with AT in the title and I would hazard a guess there will be another 10 by the end of the month.

Maybe GM or one of the other MODs could tidy it up a bit and create trade sub forums as stickies or some such crazy shit.
 
#7
BPS666 said:
really?_fascinating said:
You could get them some Gaviscon tablets. Then if they ever meet BPS66 they would be able to let him have some.

All that bitterness must cause indigestion.
RF........just like the murphy's I'm not bitter!! I actually quite like them, but don't tell em that, it'll ruin the image and all that! I just get bored rigid by the never ending threads linked to AT's and reserve the right to take the pi55 as I see fit. There's about 4 billion threads with AT in the title and I would hazard a guess there will be another 10 by the end of the month.

Maybe GM or one of the other MODs could tidy it up a bit and create trade sub forums as stickies or some such crazy shit.
Buy him a femidom for his arrse, looks like he will get fecked by the rest
of the forum.
Or just give him the £200, he'll be pissed in a jiffy
 
#8
ANY OF YOU AT/ATOs?
IS THIS THE NAAFI BAR?
O look the answer seems to be no. Well I guess that means i was looking for some serious answers, :? not some bored idiots with what seems to be large chips on their shoulders, or is that a inferiority complex :wink: ??

Yes this is another thread about ATs boohoo, i want to get an ATO a WORK RELATED present, so guess what, its going to have ATO in the title because no one else is going to be able to answer the question. :roll:

Use one of the other threads to take the pi$$ please.
 
#9
jerro-on-tour said:
ANY OF YOU AT/ATOs?
IS THIS THE NAAFI BAR?
O look the answer seems to be no. Well I guess that means i was looking for some serious answers, :? not some bored idiots with what seems to be large chips on their shoulders, or is that a inferiority complex :wink: ??

Yes this is another thread about ATs boohoo, i want to get an ATO a WORK RELATED present, so guess what, its going to have ATO in the title because no one else is going to be able to answer the question. :roll:

Use one of the other threads to take the pi$$ please.
Shit on a stick!!! no, don't buy him(or is it a her) that. A range-finding monocular would be a great work related tool to buy, certainly within budget and EXTREMELY practical.
....yes I am one................or at least I was...........
 
#11
OK, at the risk of a WAH..

Energiser MIL2AA1L torch ... (IF you can find one..)

Leatherman Charge ALX

.. yeah rangefinder would be cool...

GPS in Sandy mode (order through US supplier)
 
#13
HE117 said:
OK, at the risk of a WAH..

Energiser MIL2AA1L torch ... (IF you can find one..)

Leatherman Charge ALX

.. yeah rangefinder would be cool...

GPS in Sandy mode (order through US supplier)
Any AT worth their salt should already have shiny stuff, however, if they are an ATO, well I agree with HE117.

Rangefinder would be cool, as would any surefire or quality multitool. You can get an EOD Gerber.
 

diplomat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
#14
Rangefinder - Depends what you are going to use it for. May not be much use for licensing as I don't think the range will be enough.
 
#15
diplomat said:
Rangefinder - Depends what you are going to use it for. May not be much use for licensing as I don't think the range will be enough.
Most hunting rangefinders will work out to 800 - 1000 yds which is good for IQD. Unless you are designing a very large installation, this should cover most OQD for NEQ less than 100,000kg...







and, no I'm NOT Salty, before you ask.... :wink:
 
#16
HE117 said:
diplomat said:
Rangefinder - Depends what you are going to use it for. May not be much use for licensing as I don't think the range will be enough.
Most hunting rangefinders will work out to 800 - 1000 yds which is good for IQD. Unless you are designing a very large installation, this should cover most OQD for NEQ less than 100,000kg...

...but then an AT or ATO would only NEED one to judge the range to the next NAAFI bar or pub.
...He would NEED it to conform to Melchy's (accurate) preconception that AT's are in possession of all things shiny





and, no I'm NOT Salty, before you ask.... :wink:
 
#17
Oh I dunno...

better than marking crosses on a sheet of sandpaper...
 

diplomat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
#18
HE117 said:
diplomat said:
Rangefinder - Depends what you are going to use it for. May not be much use for licensing as I don't think the range will be enough.
Most hunting rangefinders will work out to 800 - 1000 yds which is good for IQD. Unless you are designing a very large installation, this should cover most OQD for NEQ less than 100,000kg...

and, no I'm NOT Salty, before you ask.... :wink:

Was at a depot in Eastern Europe last year with 100,000 tonnes in it. IQD ? - no point as virtually all open stack and too close.

Mind you, didn't see all the ammo, as 50,000 tonnes plus had gone pop by then!

Have to be a hell of a range finder to do an OQD even for the stuff that's left!



But, I agree with the 800m to 1,000m being useful. As they are so cheap I'll pop out and get one soon. Thank you for the tip Hobgob.......


And no, I'm not Salty either.
 
#19
Thanks for the replies,

I couldnt find the Energiser MIL2AA1L torch, too many surefires to choose from, and a range finder seems a bit of a specialist item to buy as a present (dont wont to get the wrong one!), so its looks like a multi tool is the best option.

Ive have a look and the Leatherman Charge ALX, is it worth paying a bit more and getting the Charge TTi? yes its lighter, but would it be more useful to an ATO?

I spoke to the leatherman team and they said that the Surge may be a better tool and its a bit more "robust" and built for tough jobs, its cheaper, but i know the cost isnt everything.

So Charge ALX, TTI or Surge?

Thanks again for your input
 
#20
BPS666 said:
Maybe GM or one of the other MODs could tidy it up a bit and create trade sub forums as stickies or some such crazy shit.
GM is an AT. Who else could we leave in charge? There would be crayon everywhere!!!!

Didn't they have Trade sub forums a few years back then binned it. Besides whats the point when everyone randomly goes in threads that may not be associated with their trade.

Also, another sub forum would mean more clicking - Not suited to a fat lazy bastard AT like myself!
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
YerDaSellsAvon RAC 4
Concept Gunners 0
Unknown_Quantity RLC 1

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top