Question for RFDs

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by .338lapua_magnum, Jun 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A couple of quick questions gents. can anyone give me a realistic price for a 5 round TRG42 Mag (.338LM) and a TRG bipod that does not involve a new mortgage?
    Also, I am looking for a suppressor for said rifle and would rather go for Titanium. Does anyone have any experience with the current crop of civilian titanium suppressors? Some first hand info would be most useful. Thanks in advance.
  2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

PM Ex_Stab
  3. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

If you are stuck I can check the French and German markets/dealers for you.

As an aside. Finland recently (6 months ago 'ish) changed its export laws regarding "sniper rifles" and restricted dealers and distributors from purchasing for sales onward on the open market. Could push prices up if stock is hard to come by....
  4. Thanks for the info Ugly. Thanks also for the offer Alsacien, I will keep that in mind. Its been the Finnish change that has bothered me. Always thought they had sense when it came to firearms too.
  5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I may have a predator 8 mod, look in the SSG for sale thread.
  6. When I bought my TRG22 five years a go the mags and bipod were about £100 / £300 each respectively. Mags are overpriced but I reckon the bipod is worth the money. Best bipod I've ever shot from.

I know GMK are the importers. can't help much more than that I'm afraid
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

GMK arent easy to deal with as an RFD let alone an individual, best of luck I suppose unless you trawl the gun boards asking for the necessaries. Good point about the bipod, I have fired that TRG and I was impressed even if those cows werent!
  8. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Some Finnish made kit turned up in some dodgy places, not good for national PR I guess.....
  9. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I was talking to a Sako dealer in DE today - Euro 195, distributor fixed pricing with not much flexibility for dealers.
    Same price in Finland: Google for "Sako TRG 5 patruunan lipas" Finnaccuracy have a page which is also in English, (I have Finnish friends who are hunters).