QUESTION FOR EX 5 Ord Bn

Discussion in 'RLC' started by George_Boots, Feb 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looking through an old MFO box in the attic, I found a flag I obviously nicked some time ago - think it was whilst I was at 5 Ord(inary) Bn, Paderborn. Just wondering what the hell I nicked?

It is triangular pennant style flag, has a blue background with a large red solid circle in it.

Any one got any ideas?

2. RAOC Pennant - normally used by RAOC Stores Pl/Sects.

3. Thanks P.A.W. The pennant is a keeper then.

Ah yes, Pombsen - its all coming back to me now, guarding Pombsen, only having the video "Cocktail" to watch - its like a bad dream...

4. In the main entrance to 51 Ord's HQ Building there were crossed standards on the wall and im sure there was those pennants attached.

If they are worth money, im sure i can find a 1033 from somewhere and rightly claim them back! :threaten: :thumleft:

5. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Don't worry I have the "SATO 5 ORD" rubber date stamp liberated from his office when everyone bugged out and left the place empty and a rather nice full set of Bn plaques which....................fell off the wall.

6. Good work Melchers. I got the German Tank from the back of 51 Ord Coys lines in my garage...

7. General Melchett

Really? Pictures please. :)

BTW if anyone has any ex 5 Ord stuff or indeed just ex RAOC stuff I'd be most happy to take it off your hands for a fee of course,.

8. There used to be a lot of different pennants used to identify areas where a lot of Ordinance services were grouped together.
    Blue triangle with red circle = ammo dump.

9. General Melchett

The tatters of such a pennant, allegedly, flown over the ammo depot at Gallipoli are in the Sgts' mess of a certain RLC unit.

10. Could supply you with a 5th Skins flag from the flagpole that used to exist outside the 51 Coy bar which accidentally fell against my hacksaw (honest Guv!) one night whilst the 3 RHA guard were looking in the opposite direction.

11. I've got 'Ralphs Frikky Wagon' parked in my drive, complete with the legendry curly haired kraut inside. that'll teach him to park outside the 51 block and sell his rock-hard meat balls of filth. :thumright:

12. General Melchett said:

I still have an unpaid 51 unit club bill from 1984, you can have that if you want!

13. I can do better, i have that Sherman tank thing, in my back garden, that was in-between the 5 Ord HQ and 51 blocks......complete with secret entrance underneath it that led to a underground garage of WW2 Panzers!!!

14. I have one Waffen SS division, two cases of Wehrmacht compo frickies, and a varied collection of womens undergarments said to have been owned by Eva Braun that I found in the underground Panzer park, accessed through the back of "Hom Taylor's" G1098 store.