Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question for current Rozzers

A female Rozzer just called my daughter to cancel the interview , said it was due to Covid, also said it may be done over the phone and they will confirm soon.

A female Rozzer just called my daughter to cancel the interview , said it was due to Covid, also said it may be done over the phone and they will confirm soon.
Somebody in your local police station has obviously been reading Arrse and after finding out what her dad is like, have carried out a risk assesement and decided that it is far safer to do the interview over the phone.

You probably have your own intelligence report on file, and an entry on the Computer Aided Despatch system on your address marked "Dangerous nutter, plastic Frenchman, go mob handed with riot shields, batons and tasers."

Oh and did you ask the female rozzer for a piccie? If not its poor drills!

Witness statement.
Get them to come to your house and insist that you are present. Don't inconvenience yourself or your daughter to give witness evidence. Sounds like a bone idle investigator.

Not necessarily. It's an easy way to get someone who allegations have been made to a place they can be arrested and questioned under caution. Tell them to come to you, and watch their body language. Use covert video or a hidden voice recorder to keep a record.

Not true. Some act as a "friend" for free. Usually newly qualified, or aiming to convert to a different type of law.
Not for witness statements they don't. You are talking b*llocks.
Not necessarily. It's an easy way to get someone who allegations have been made to a place they can be arrested and questioned under caution. Tell them to come to you, and watch their body language. Use covert video or a hidden voice recorder to keep a record.
If they have evidence to arrest you, they will come and get you if they want you. If you are going to be arrested when you are asked to go to the station they will tell you, otherwise it will be a caution +3 interview in which you are entitled to free legal advice from a solictor. The OP's daughter has already been told its for a witnesss statement which can be done remotely. A serving plod has has already described the procedure.

Do you think the sniper fired from the grassy knoll? and was it Brenda or Phil the Greek who ordered MI6 to off the 'Peoples Princess?

Not for witness statements they don't. You are talking b*llocks.

If they have evidence to arrest you, they will come and get you if they want you. If you are going to be arrested when you are asked to go to the station they will tell you, otherwise it will be a caution +3 interview in which you are entitled to free legal advice from a solictor. The OP's daughter has already been told its for a witnesss statement which can be done remotely. A serving plod has has already described the procedure.

Do you think the sniper fired from the grassy knoll? and was it Brenda or Phil the Greek who ordered MI6 to off the 'Peoples Princess?

No, the serving police officer has described the official procedure. You're trying to claim that would be applied in every circumstance. It isn't.

Tuffty

War Hero
If she has to attend then she needs a solicitor present. The Feds are very good at writing up "abbreviated" statements so what they say you have said doesn't actually reflect what you actually said,. Just be very, very careful what you say to them. Always and i mean always have a solicitor present (the solicitor advice was provided to me by a Copper and very useful advice it is)

If she has to attend then she needs a solicitor present. The Feds are very good at writing up "abbreviated" statements so what they say you have said doesn't actually reflect what you actually said,. Just be very, very careful what you say to them. Always and i mean always have a solicitor present (the solicitor advice was provided to me by a Copper and very useful advice it is)
The Feds...

I love it when you talk 'street'.

sittingstress

Old-Salt
For christ's sake people you are confusing yourselves.

INTERVIEW = for the suspect and done under caution either during time spent in custody under arrest or as a Voluntary Interview. These are both exactly the same except the former is done in custody when you have been nicked. They both are covered by PACE therefore a solicitor can be provided or you can have a named one.

STATEMENT = for the victim or witnesses. They are entirely voluntary, and the words used by you will be the ones written down. You get to read it and make changes before you sign it. You can just say No and nothing more will be said.

Those who are getting Interviews and Statements mixed up, hopefully the above will clarify the issue. If not then stop spouting hoop.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

What utter rot. While sometimes people are arrested after attending the station it would not be used as a subterfuge. If the police wanted to arrest your daughter they would just come round and do it. As for covert filming, in your own home you can do as you wish. You could politely tell the officer you’d like to record and suggest they might activate their own body cam.

What utter rot. While sometimes people are arrested after attending the station it would not be used as a subterfuge. If the police wanted to arrest your daughter they would just come round and do it. As for covert filming, in your own home you can do as you wish. You could politely tell the officer you’d like to record and suggest they might activate their own body cam.

So you don't remember the cases some years back when the police sent out "you've won a prize, pick it up here" letters, and arrested those that arrived?

Re the statement, followed by arrest, that one's personal experience.

That’s why you read it before signing it.

Latest Threads