Question for all golfers

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by HHH, Mar 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HHH

HHH LE

2. I think you have 1 option......a wedge. The angle would help slice through, and lift the ball.

A wood, or open faced club would do the job, but would require more strokes to bludgeon the ball out of the cadaver.

3. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

The only question I have got for golfers is:

"For the love of God, why?"

4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

As it is RoI, I think this could be classed as a local hazard so may be lifted and dropped two club lengths away, but no closer to the hole. However, depending on the location in RoI, it may be necessary to consult the local Club Rules.

5. In days gone by it would have been a two shot penalty for striking another player or his equipment.

However, as he wasn't part of the game I suppose he is a moveable obstruction so you may take relief; of course once interred he would be an immoveable obstruction, probably in an area of Ground Under repair from which you must take relief.

I would invoke the friendly stroke and distance rule; just drop another ball and twat it towards the pin.

6. Seeing as how the ball was lodged at the back of the throat, I would have chosen a wood with a big titanium head, turned the guy on his side and driven the wood into the back of his head..hopefully creating a sort of pinball effect.

FORE!!!!!

7. You get a free shot with any one of your bats to the back of the head to remove ball from the obstruction

Hope this helps

8. I'm thinking that dislocating his jaw and stretching the mouth wide open should give the ball the required exit???

9. You obviously have never had the pleasure of smacking your balls around the countryside.

10. HHH

HHH LE

thank-you that has answered my question,as i didn't what to make a fool of myself and play the wrong stroke and get laughed at in the clubhouse

11. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Just take a 7-iron to his nuts. No-one will notice, and you can take your pick from whichever of the two lands closest to the hole.

12. This taking relief, do I have to do it myself, can a playing partner help or do I have something in my golf bag to help with my relief, and as for a friendly stroke and distance rule - Wahooo!

Why do they not show all this during the Masters, where can I start this golf lark and do I need a Fanny like Nick Faldo had?

13. "We're satisfied the golf ball had nothing to do with the death. We interviewed all the staff at St James's Hospital and at Fanagan's and we're at a loss as to how this came about. We can only surmise it was a prank," he said.

That's some prank.

14. I dreamt that I was swallowing a snooker ball once, don't know why I mentioned that.

Maybe this guy was a sleepwalker, thought he was swallowing an aspirin but his missus, a golf widow, had swopped it for a golf ball....

15. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Correct a game for wankers and brown nosers