Question: Collar & Tie

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by roy01, Jun 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im going on my CMSR in 2 Days, in the Clothing list it says i need to bring Smart Civilian clothing (Collar + Tie)
    ...What do i need to bring it for? :? im not a collar and tie person :!:

2. You need to take it 'cos they told you too.

3. check your inbox

4. I am not questioning your intelligence roy,but you are about to enter a world of just doing what you are told until you are expected to know for yourself.Therefore,do not question your joining instructions unless you want life to be hell for a short period.
    After all that,
    Have fun!

5. Next you'll be saying you're not a 'uniform person' and green doesn't complement your skin-tone... :roll:

6. Thanks for the quick replys :lol:
    just a bit nervous.

7. Dont forget, we are now in shirt sleeve order, and the current trend is for cap sleeves, ie, no sleeves at all on the shirt.
    You will also be expected to cut the legs off of your trousers, just above the knee (no nutcrackers please) and wear polished sandals.
    Dont forget your sombrero or pith helmet, there is a degree of leniency here, so choose your favourite.

Good luck!

8. Also as much crap chunky gold as you can lay your hands on will totally impress your instructors.

9. Just to help the lad, what brand of sunglasses is currently the best to impress the instructors? I've heard that Ray-Bans have lost favour. 8)

10. Police, they look cool!

11. ok ive found my smart clothes and checked the list for anything ive missed: i haven't been issued a poncho either, or an NBC suit. should i go n buy them?

12. you need to bring a collar and tie for the battlefield tour you will go on at the end of week 6, you will be issued your nbc suit and basha by your section commander as and when you require them.

word of advice you are entering a enviroment where we are not asking if you would like to wear a collar and tie, we are telling you to wear a collar and tie.

oh and the answer im not a collar and tie person, WRONG, if you come to my section, im based at ATR(P) you will be a whatever type of person i bloody well tell you to be UNDERSTAND.

KEEP THE MOUTH CLOSED, PIN BACK THE EARS , DO EXACTLY AS YOU ARE TOLD, WHEN YOU ARE TOLD, AND LIFE IN GENERAL WILL BE QUITE PLEASENT. chin up its summer could be raining.

13. my question was a bit stupid, i guess i'll find out when im TOLD. Another silly question for you...whats a Racing Spoon and DPK 1 & 2? :p

14. Dont you worry your little head about a racing spoon or dkp 1 + 2
    I completed 2 yrs at itc (c) as an instructor and left a few months ago and all you need to worry about is Turning up on the day and doing as your sexual demander (sorry i mean section commander) tells you. If you do that then you should have no problems. If not then prepare for hell.
    Good luck crow

15. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

It's for church parade you fool dont they teach you owt in school these day's? :twisted: