question about travel expenses to catterick

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by lewyt666, Oct 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. right just a quick question, I'm starting catterick on the 2nd of november and just went to get my rail warrants exchanged for tickets and I noticed its £58.00 to get down there. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what happens when you come home at weekends, do you pay the full fare yourself I take it?
  2. Think your allowed 4 warrants for the whole year.
  3. Under the Get You Home (Early Years) scheme, you get 12 warrant entitlements for the first three years in the Army.They should be apportioned four per year:the first year starts on the day you turn up for basic training.Don't forget;if you are posted abroad, these entitlements can be converted into flights home to UK, so they are quite important.Rule of thumb is to treat them as journeys home at holiday times, eg Xmas, Easter, Summer holiday and block leave.
    Don't waste them on weekend visits (You may spend more time travelling than at home!).
  4. ah right ok

and does a return count as the one? or does that take up 2?

5. One warrant = one return journey.It is possible to split this into two singles, just depends on the policy of your unit.
  6. right thanks for the info
  7. how much are the warrants worth by the way, and could you upgrade to 1st class if you paid the extra yourself??
  8. The warrants are worth the cost of the journey you need to make. I doubt you would be able to upgrade to first class.
  9. Or get a rail card !. Anyway when you get there you will want to stay in the local area and go out on the lash with your new mates. Most trainees go home one or twice a month due to the cost.