Question about transfer/MTRP

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by DuncsGTi, Sep 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all, new member here

I transferred from the Inf to the RAC in march and was put straight onto the mark time rate of pay, however a friend of mine who did the same 2 years ago spent his first 3 months on probation attached to his new regt.

Should i have also spent this time on my old regt's books?

It may seem petty, but if i had spent this 3 months attached then i would have received 2 pay rises (annual pay board and an increment) which is a difference of about £2k a year.

Cheers in advance for any replies
  2. Surely you still received 1 pay rise and are only missing 1 (your incremental progression).

The only way you would have kept that I can see is if you had not already completed your RAC training as you would still have been classed as Inf and receiving Inf Sldr EQ rates of Pay.

You can't start getting paid for RAC EQ Rates of Pay or indeed go on MTRP if you have not done the RAC Course.

At the end of the day though it was your choice to transfer and you should have been made aware of the financial implications, or you should certainly have been asking if you were not told :oops: