Question about trades in units

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by That_one, Feb 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hi, I need something answered...

    My local unit is a combat (infantry) unit, but apparantly, they also offer trades such as driver, signaller, storeman and other generic trades. If I were to join as a signaller, for example, would I be part of the infantry or the royal corps of signals? Are these trades just specializations of the infantry role (meaning Im still infantry, and must reach infantry fitness standards etc) or are they like support personnel for the unit?

    Id ask my local unit but I feel like its a bit of a stupid question :oops:

    Thanks in advance.
  2. If you can't ask a question because it may make you look "uninformed", I feel the army may not be the career for you.
  3. In fairness, I think in the last eight years, he has probably got his answer.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Yep, I reckon you are right, might be a Rupert by now !!!, I should wake up a bit more before replying to thread next time, made myself look "uninformed" !!!!.
  5. And a cock.
    • Funny Funny x 1