question about the other arms bergen

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by maguire, Aug 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

this could be a bone question, but the flaps on the side that cover the zips to attach the side pockets leave no room at all to actually be able to use the zips - is this common to all or do i have a dodgy one?
  2. A particularly poor aspect of a diabolical piece of kit. I have only ever been able to attach the pouches when both pouches and bergan are completely empty. If you can't do that, you probably have a duff one. Best option, especially if you are in the QMs area (or if you know someone) is to blag a long-back sharpish.
  3. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

I cant even do them up with the damn thing empty. thanks for the info.
  4. i believe some people recomend taking a knife to the stitches to remove the problem
  5. Yeah I've had the same problem. I pulled up the zip and cut the stitching to get the pouches on and off, but at least you've got the 20mm fastex clips top and bottom for added security.

An ideal bit of kit for cadets, as give em an inf bergan and they carry far too much kit, nearly all of i they dont need in the next 48hrs anyway.
  6. Stitches + Knife = no problems, as to being able to do the main sac zip updown fully with the side pouches on..... paracord.
  7. If you're a reg, just pop to the QMs - the combat hand-bag has been phased out and you can now swap it for a normal Inf bergan......
  8. oooh nasty! even us STABs are getting the Inf ones now, inc my unit, saying that we only just got the new basha
  9. all arms bergans are gay.
    get yourself a plce infantry bergan or similar by lowe, berghaus etc.