Question about TA recruitment process

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Rory321, May 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi I had a question about the process of applying for the TA. Is there a recruitment/training 'season', like a set time-block each year where recruitment/training takes place? And if so, when is it?
    I'm currently just finished my 2nd year at University and am considering joining the TA but, because the training includes the 2-week camp, would it be up to me to ensure I'm not applying at a time where that would interfere with University? In which case I would most likely have to leave it until next summer as that is the only period where I could be positive I would have at least 2 weeks off from university.
  2. In a word, no. Recruiting happens all year round although it is handled by Crapita. Selection and recruit training are run regularlly (at weekends) throughout the year by the regional trainging centres for each brigade, and CMSR or basic 2 week courses are also run regularlly by a number of centres.

You would need to discuss your timing issues and be canny about the application process because although you could do some of it sooner (the selection and recruit training weekends), there are time limits within which the various parts need to be completed before you would have to start repeating things.