Question about TA Pay

#1
I was going to add this to the "How much did you get" thread, but thought it may have run its course and some may miss the question

I am just wondering roughly how much a TA Soldier would get in their first year if


1. They made all their drill nights in the year (one a week)
2. Made 12 weekend camps
3. Managed 18 days of annual camp
4. Made bounty


I'm taking it all soldiers are on the same rate whilst in the training phase (if not take infantry as an example)

Cheers
 
#2
Will you accept a 'back of a fag packet' calculation or do you need an exact one?

msr
 
#3
wellyhead said:
I was going to add this to the "How much did you get" thread, but thought it may have run its course and some may miss the question

I am just wondering roughly how much a TA Soldier would get in their first year if


1. They made all their drill nights in the year (one a week)
2. Made 12 weekend camps
3. Managed 18 days of annual camp
4. Made bounty


I'm taking it all soldiers are on the same rate whilst in the training phase (if not take infantry as an example)

Cheers
£29/4=7.25 £7.25 x 50 (most TACs are closed for the fortnight over christmas)=362.50
£29 x 2.5 x 12 = £870
£29 x 18=£522
£330.

Rough figures, dosen't include tax and travel, but would be about £1754.50 plus the bounty.
 
#5
#6
clownbasher said:
Work it out yourself you lazy fecker!

Why expect someone else to do it?! :)
Ahh I would if I knew the score matey, not being in the TA and all

Trying different ploys to get the missus on side, personally I couldn't give two stuffs over pay (when I joined the regs I didn't even realised we were paid)
 
#7
StabTiffy2B said:
wellyhead said:
I was going to add this to the "How much did you get" thread, but thought it may have run its course and some may miss the question

I am just wondering roughly how much a TA Soldier would get in their first year if


1. They made all their drill nights in the year (one a week)
2. Made 12 weekend camps
3. Managed 18 days of annual camp
4. Made bounty


I'm taking it all soldiers are on the same rate whilst in the training phase (if not take infantry as an example)

Cheers
£29/4=7.25 £7.25 x 50 (most TACs are closed for the fortnight over christmas)=362.50
£29 x 2.5 x 12 = £870
£29 x 18=£522
£330.

Rough figures, dosen't include tax and travel, but would be about £1754.50 plus the bounty.
So with first year bounty around the 2 grand mark is a good rough figure then ???

Cheers
 
#8
wellyhead said:
So with first year bounty around the 2 grand mark is a good rough figure then ???

Cheers
Not really, because you'd be taxed on the 1700 odd, but not on the Bounty :wink:
 
#9
Wellyhead - if you are transferring from regs to TA and you keep your current rate of pay and start on the top rate bounty, it could be a lot more...

This spreadsheet will help you out: http://www.viper-data.co.uk/pay_calculator.xls

msr
 
G

Goku

Guest
#10
msr said:
Wellyhead - if you are transferring from regs to TA and you keep your current rate of pay and start on the top rate bounty, it could be a lot more...
If he’s been out of the regs for over 5yr then he’d have to start at the bottom again.
 
#11
Yep, left Dec 99

How much is 1st year bounty again ?
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top