Question about TA Pay

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by wellyhead, May 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was going to add this to the "How much did you get" thread, but thought it may have run its course and some may miss the question

I am just wondering roughly how much a TA Soldier would get in their first year if

1. They made all their drill nights in the year (one a week)
    2. Made 12 weekend camps
    3. Managed 18 days of annual camp
    4. Made bounty

I'm taking it all soldiers are on the same rate whilst in the training phase (if not take infantry as an example)

Cheers

2. msr

msr LE

Will you accept a 'back of a fag packet' calculation or do you need an exact one?

msr

3. £29/4=7.25 £7.25 x 50 (most TACs are closed for the fortnight over christmas)=362.50
    £29 x 2.5 x 12 = £870
    £29 x 18=£522
    £330.

Rough figures, dosen't include tax and travel, but would be about £1754.50 plus the bounty.

4. Work it out yourself you lazy fecker!

Why expect someone else to do it?! :)

5. msr

msr LE

6. Ahh I would if I knew the score matey, not being in the TA and all

Trying different ploys to get the missus on side, personally I couldn't give two stuffs over pay (when I joined the regs I didn't even realised we were paid)

7. So with first year bounty around the 2 grand mark is a good rough figure then ???

Cheers

8. Not really, because you'd be taxed on the 1700 odd, but not on the Bounty :wink:

9. msr

msr LE

Wellyhead - if you are transferring from regs to TA and you keep your current rate of pay and start on the top rate bounty, it could be a lot more...

This spreadsheet will help you out: http://www.viper-data.co.uk/pay_calculator.xls

msr

10. If he’s been out of the regs for over 5yr then he’d have to start at the bottom again.

11. Yep, left Dec 99

How much is 1st year bounty again ?

12. £371.