question about student nursing in the army

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by ally1993, Jan 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

This is my first post...... I am currently taking my A Levels when finished I want to join the army as a student nurse (mental health) I have been to my local army careers office but the guy didn't know much about the nursing side. Basically I already have 200 UCAS points (already competed one full A Level) so from the other 2 + 1 BTEC i need 40 points.

When is the best time to start the application and how long does it all take????? I will be finished college end June 2012 and have my results mid Aug. Any info you could give would be great.

Thanks.

2. I think you will find that the requirement has gone up to 260 UCAS points. The Army have two entry points per year, Sep & Apr. PM me if you want the details of AMS recruiting.

3. You'll be lucky to get into mental health. We are almost at full capacity and our recruiting is practically stopped. You may have a better chance applying for general nursing...

4. 280 UCAS points as of now!!