question about sizing of Assault Boots

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by ViolatorOfVirgins, Feb 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi!
    thats my first post here.
    I've got a question: I'm planning to buy boots like those

but I'm not sure about sizing: does original (= contracted by MoD) boots exist in different width? I mean: in S, M, L sizes (the only SML sized boots I found were copies of assault made for civilian market)?
    The problem is, that I'm not really sure my foot size (in British system)- Now, I'm wearing German army boots (Kampfstiefel Modell 2000- excellent boots btw), and its size is 290x112 (i.e- they are designated for foot this size, its insole is a bit longer and wider /about 6mm longer and 3-4 wider/). Which size /and which version- M or L/ would be the best for me (I'm planning to buy them over Internet, so I'd prefer to choose the right size - so I'd have to resend them etc)?
    Also, the link to the shop where I can find the original assault boots in M/L versions /if they exist/ would be really appreciate!

best regards
  2. Not a clue about he boots, but your name made me giggle!
  3. You're not going to maintain that you're incapable of using a conversion chart, are you? What size treaders do you normally wear? Once you know that, you can convert it to the UK size.

By the way, British Army daisy sizes tend to be very slightly on the large size. But not much.

4. @bugsy
    the problem is, that every shoe-maker uses different sizing... sometimes was able to use 43.5 size /well... it was comfy as long as i didnt want to use a winter socks/ sometimes 45.5 was 'just right'... well, I'll have to risk :~
    and other part of question: whats about width of boots? are SML sizes in issued boots or only in copies?

hehe, my usual nick was to short (it has 2 letters), so I had to made one up. btw, inspired by Beowulf /quite nice movie btw/
  5. Issued boots come in Small medium large as well
  6. thanx for help
  7. I take a large (wide/high feet),however I had a size lower than normal civi shoes, as did pretty much everyone in the unit.

Boots have a strange ability to *never* break in properly, most people go for magnums for any CFT/Tabbing.

Use a conversion chart, then get the UK size lower, that should give you the correct size (and judge your foot width for s/m/l).