Question about SAS selection

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Ms_Bad_Ass, Apr 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been reading around this subject and its claimed part of the initial selection process is an IQ test. I wonder if this is the case and if so what's the minimum score they require?

2. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

probably the same as the RAF one.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well, that's a fail for you then.

4. It's all that psycometrical testing thing to determine attitude, character, etc. An IQ test would just be part of an overall package of tests, because none of them count for very much on their own. Combined with interviews and performance & endurance testing, they can get a good measure of a candidate. But even that won't be the whole selection, they know the sort of things they are looking for and if you don't have them then an high IQ won't swing it for you.

5. They put three shovels on the floor and say "take your pick"

• Like Like x 5
  6. Very over rated these days unless your a budding author or your name is bear?

7. People who know don't speak, people who speak don't know.

(Swap speak for type)

8. Thanks. I'm aware selection is much more complicated than just an IQ test but I was just curious if they had a minimum which was above the upper limit of average, i.e. 115.

9. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

well you have to be smart enough to write all those books afterwards

10. You also need to make sure you marry a good woman to conduct all your publicity and media work incase that IQ test doesn't prove to be correct and you mislay the odd weapon and a couple of rounds....

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 3
  11. I hope that while you've been reading you've been running

Uphill

Backwards

12. If the inmates on your inter-planetary prison call you '85' you should be OK.

13. What the fúck does a gopping, thunder cunted civvy female need to know that for? Bore-off you SF-obsessed hanger on.

Thank you doctor, I'll take my ROPs now.

14. ^ Baaaaddddd Puppy!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fook me, there's a selection and an IQ test!

How did that fat cnut Ross Kemp get in?