Question about SAS selection

I've been reading around this subject and its claimed part of the initial selection process is an IQ test. I wonder if this is the case and if so what's the minimum score they require?

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
probably the same as the RAF one.

It's all that psycometrical testing thing to determine attitude, character, etc. An IQ test would just be part of an overall package of tests, because none of them count for very much on their own. Combined with interviews and performance & endurance testing, they can get a good measure of a candidate. But even that won't be the whole selection, they know the sort of things they are looking for and if you don't have them then an high IQ won't swing it for you.

It's all that psycometrical testing thing to determine attitude, character, etc. An IQ test would just be part of an overall package of tests, because none of them count for very much on their own. Combined with interviews and performance & endurance testing, they can get a good measure of a candidate. But even that won't be the whole selection, they know the sort of things they are looking for and if you don't have them then an high IQ won't swing it for you.
Thanks. I'm aware selection is much more complicated than just an IQ test but I was just curious if they had a minimum which was above the upper limit of average, i.e. 115.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
well you have to be smart enough to write all those books afterwards

If the inmates on your inter-planetary prison call you '85' you should be OK.

I've been reading around this subject and its claimed part of the initial selection process is an IQ test. I wonder if this is the case and if so what's the minimum score they require?
What the fúck does a gopping, thunder cunted civvy female need to know that for? Bore-off you SF-obsessed hanger on.

Thank you doctor, I'll take my ROPs now.

^ Baaaaddddd Puppy!

People who know don't speak, people who speak don't know.

(Swap speak for type)
Correct but some of it is public knowledge. Of course its not the really sensitive stuff, e.g. in Bear Grylls' urban survivor episode he blew a door using the chemicals he found but he said he could not show how he did it. They just showed the dramatic blowing and not the process.

Correct but some of it is public knowledge. Of course its not the really sensitive stuff, e.g. in Bear Grylls' urban survivor episode he blew a door using the chemicals he found but he said he could not show how he did it. They just showed the dramatic blowing and not the process.
Thats cause they don't want idiots knowing how to make explosives, they're dangerous.......

Diesel and fertiliser maybe.