Question about passport

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by SandysOpinion, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm starting in pirbright in january and I just got my joining instructions. It says there is a "world war I Realities of war tour" which i asume is aborad. I recall at some point my recruiter asking me if I had a passport (mines is out of date and no longer valid) and it has never been mentioned since. Will I need to get a new one prior to joining up or will the army supply one?

2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

You will get one from the Army

3. Do yourself a favour and get your own NOW that way you won't be sat in your room on your own when your mates are doing their trip to Flanders!

4. You mean the army may not supply one in time?

5. As stated by Airfix get yourself a passport now... learn to sort yourself...good personal admin

6. ok doke, I'll get on it

7. Mate, get your passport sorted yourself, it's just easier to have it done before you get in, work on your phys, both endurance, speed and upper body strength, give up the fags and buy a good steam iron and you'll be fine. Good luck!

8. cheers for help mate, I'll get on it.
    I aint a smoker and I'll nick my mum's iron :twisted:
    Should I bring my own ironing board too then? :?

9. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

The Army don't provide passports but if you're disappearing overseas on duty, say a six month tour, they will pay for it. Advice above is sound, get it sorted now before you're left on your own during the Battlefield Tour.

10. Irons? Ironing boards?

All the information is on this Arrse thread, sonny.

11. That link did not really help haha 8O
    So should I bring an Ironing board with the iron or not?

12. from reading over threads, people say take a ironing board because if you dont, there is only 2 to share between alot of you, therefore u wanna get it all done quick so you got mroe time to get ready etc

13. A proper board is best and easiest to use, but if that isn't feasible then get down to Lakeland and buy a an ironing mat and some thick towels. Provided you get it perfectly flat (use a table, but put the towels down first to protect it from the heat) it's nearly a good as a board. Good for courses or when luggage space is limited.

14. Every time new recruits turn up at least three of them have ironing boards,then when they leave they cant be bothered taking them home.
    Trust me there will be enough ironing boards!!!!

15. From passports to ironing boards, this thread has run its course!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.