Question about light gun and parachuting?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Paullee17, May 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi everyone i have a question about the light gun, i sent off for an army information pack and i have watched the dvd and on the jobs section it says that the light gun can be towed,airllifted by helicopter or parachuted in does this mean that if you apply for this job you have to learn to parachute? any answers would be appreciated thanks.

2. Yes. They then strap the parachute on you, and tie the lightgun to your feet. Then deploy you and the gun at the same time, as it's cost effective.

It's a qucik way down too.

3. No. Though if you are attached to 7 PARA RHA you can become a Para trained soldier. The gun will only be lobbed out of a herc with those boys considering they'll be parachuting near it to get it into action. Not that it'll ever happen mind you! The MoD are scared we'll all die.

4. Not for much longer apparently unless the RAF buy the new MSP.

5. spoilsport ;)

6. We'll never be lobbed into battle anyway so it doesn't matter. The MoD are too frightened to attempt it. What counts is that I still get my £160.00 a month Para pay for NOT parachuting. Not bad eh!

7. Have you not jumped recently?

8. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

9. Yes. I jumped around 8 weeks ago.

10. How does that work then?

11. In date,hence you get your money mate.

12. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Well if you don't know etc...................

13. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

You're starting to sound like an MP claiming exs :twisted:

14. Whatever.....

15. But unlike an MP,he is earning his.